Help with part on my Carter carburetor

-

Red's '72 Dart

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I would like to ask you guys if this part on my Carter carburetor is something I can buy by its self. I was working under the hood and slipped, broke this off.

It's on my 1972 Dart 318. Just trying to see if I have to buy a new/rebuilt carburetor.

Thanks,
Red

20170713_081609.jpg

If you have to replace it, the 68 carb doesn't have any plastic parts on it and may last longer...

Its a bowl vent to vapor return. Hose goes to charcoal canister. Part of late model CAP.
I imagine part stores could get that piece once upon a time. A new one still might be available somewhere but could be a needle in a haystack hunt. If super glue wont fix it, all else fails, You might post in Parts Wanted.

Its a bowl vent to vapor return. Hose goes to charcoal canister. Part of late model CAP.
I imagine part stores could get that piece once upon a time. A new one still might be available somewhere but could be a needle in a haystack hunt. If super glue wont fix it, all else fails, You might post in Parts Wanted.

Thanks

I have a similar carb with that plastic part on it... You can buy it for parts if you're interested make an offer...

I'll start at $35 + shipping

DSC05591 B3.JPG

DSC05592 B4.JPG

Here's what the 68 style looks like:

DSC05595 B7.JPG

Did you try Mike's Carburetor Parts? If anyone had it, he would. But I think used is your most likely source.

-
Back