Help with Replacing Fuel Tank

-

PhillH

Reaction score
Thanks in advance,
I started ordering a new fuel tank and associated parts and realized there may be a better way but I;m not sure which route to go. 1971 Scamp V8 with a four vent fuel tank system. I've dropped in my mild 360 auto. What sort of vent system should I use? Do away with the four vent tank? If so what to use? Sorry but I will need sorta detailed instructions as I'm an amateur builder. Thanks again.

It's only been 4 hours. :D

I suppose you could eliminate it, I'm not real familiar with tha vent system myself.

But, that being said, if you do you would need, at the very least a vented cap. There has to be a way for the tank to breath.

Think sucking on a straw with your finger over the end. Doesn't work well, the straw collapses. The tank will have the same effect (not collapse) but it will prevent gas being drawn up to the carb via the pump.

We just used the 4 vent system when we replaced the tank in our 71 Valiant. That way we don't need to reinvent the vent...

I could use the four vent system, but the vent canister looks a little dodgy and I don't know that it's actually still good. So buy another one or can I just get a charcoal filter and hook the return line to it or what?

-
Back