Help with stock EFI

Magnum Engine Swaps

1. TT5.9mag

TT5.9mag Two atmospheres are better than one

Local Time:
    2:02 PM
    Ok I’ll try to explain this as best as I can in steps. Hopefully it makes sense. This is all for temporary fire up on my run stand. But it all applies to how it wires in the car.
    1. You must ground every sensor ground located in J/C-1. These are black, and black w/blue tracer. Mine ran straight to battery ground. I also grounded the ecu.
    2. I used batt+ From 50A batt fuse, large red w/black tracer, to a start button to trigger the starter relay this is yellow w/red tracer.
    3. ASD relay, Fuse D, and Fuel pump relay trigger, all light green w/black tracer have to have 12v + with ignition on. I wired them together and to an on/off switch with batt+ fed from 20A engine control fuse, large red.
    4.Fuel pump output needs to go to the fuel pump, dark green w/black tracer.
    5.starter solenoid output needs to go to starter solenoid, large brown wire.
    And of course some pics for reference. Starter relay is missing in pics and needs to be there to start. I had to rob mine for something else. Everything else is there, and mine runs as it sits.
    FCCA7D78-62FD-49F4-815C-3D4E0AB5BC86.jpeg 363FF7AB-46C6-49FE-8100-1F421EC7A540.jpeg D08A5C26-FB2E-4734-8667-6AB69A283173.jpeg AEC4E5E7-44E1-49B3-AD6A-A7C94DBC105F.jpeg FF72F8FE-F458-43C0-87CB-15402D292052.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • TT5.9mag

Local Time:
      I forgot to add this, all of my wiring was done at the back side of the PDC. The engine side of the harness is 100% stock. I started with a PDC removed from a running truck and kept everything from the pdc to the engine as it was. The harness was cut on the vehicle side of the pdc if that makes sense.

• Truckie

Truckie Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      4:02 PM
      That’s what I have. Everything from the pdc to the engine and computer is untouched. I cut the wires off that leave the pdc to the truck cab at the firewall and the took the obdII port out. I think I’ll mount ubd under the hood near the pdc. I’m not going to tear into the back of the pdc until I hear it run. Then I’ll start weeding out unused wires.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • TT5.9mag

Local Time:
      I’m having a hard time understanding your train of thought here. What’s a pdf?

• Truckie

Local Time:
      A pdf is an Adobe file type. Lol. My phones auto correct kept changing pdc to pdf and I didn’t proofread. It also said van instead of cab for some reason. I went back and fixed it. Hopefully it makes since now.

• TT5.9mag

Local Time:
      It’s much more clear now.

• TT5.9mag

Local Time:
      Update? Is the car ready for graduation?

• Truckie

Local Time:
      Very close. I got the driveshaft from the shop last night. I still need to finish the transmission lines, straighten up some wiring, finish the exhaust, and redo the fuel tank. Old one developed a leak after putting it back in. Should be able to test drive Saturday. I’m anxious to see how good I guessed at the front end alignment.

I appreciate all your help.

• TT5.9mag

Local Time:
      Cool. Keep us informed with how the first drive goes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.