helwig fouling caliper

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
hello, recently fitted a hellwig sway bar on my 68 barracuda with 73 dart disk conversion,now not even on full lock the calipers hitting the sway bar, an these calipers be inverted to mount on rear please?

i asked about that problem. they said to shorten the links some so the bar clears. why no one makes a bar that fits this common brake swap is behind me.

hello, recently fitted a hellwig sway bar on my 68 barracuda with 73 dart disk conversion,now not even on full lock the calipers hitting the sway bar, an these calipers be inverted to mount on rear please?

Move the calipers to the rear by swapping the spindle side to side. Then run a brake line with a banjo fitting on the end of it. There's a factory brake flex line that works or you can make up a braided steel line.

This is what I made up and ran for 16 years...

Attachments

• Copy of PICT3552.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 130
Shorten the end links or swap the spindles. Or do both, the sway bar seems to react quicker with short links.

yep...Swap spindles side to side...:)

I just mounted my 73 brake system and put caliper on rear. You would have to swap spindles to do it like this. Seems like it would be easier to shorten sway bar links if that works for you.

Attachments

• 68 Dart 038.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 68 Dart 044.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 68 Dart 047.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 154
The bar will work fine with shorter end links. The spacer can be shortened easily with a hacksaw. If you need a shorter bolt, contact us and we can supply one.

-
Back