Hemi Cuda just for fun

-
Nice stance. Sits real good.

20150613_151934_zps7zdzpf6u.jpg

I think so but I'm biased. lol

It's pretty low.

Got to get it in and have the front end aligned in the next few days then figure out why the headlights don't work then try and make it start looking like a car on the inside again. I feel like I'm finally making progress for the first time in a long time.

On the headlamps, the easiest thing to do is pull the bulkhead connector for the light harness, and at least one head lamp and check with an oem meter for continuity.
My guess is a corroded wire, if it all checks good check the switch and dimmer switch.

Maybe even push the dimmer switch several times, it may be stuck.

On the headlamps, the easiest thing to do is pull the bulkhead connector for the light harness, and at least one head lamp and check with an oem meter for continuity.
My guess is a corroded wire, if it all checks good check the switch and dimmer switch.

Maybe even push the dimmer switch several times, it may be stuck.

Thanks I tried the dimmer switch but will pull the bulk head connector and see what I have there. Just crazy everything else works, I'm sure it's something simple just gotta track it down.

:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Don't laugh. Check the bulbs (yes, both). I've had that happen twice. Probably one of them blew first and I didn't notice it.

Well I have tried 3 so far but buying a couple new ones is probably a good idea.

Car looks great! How about a video so we can hear the beast roar!!

Great job and I'm sure you've got a smile on your face when you twist the key and bring her to life...

Car looks great! How about a video so we can hear the beast roar!!

Great job and I'm sure you've got a smile on your face when you twist the key and bring her to life...

Thanks Rob how about posting a pic or 2 of the GSX so the guys can see that sweet ride of yours. I know its not an A body but the guys here can appreciate something as special as yours is.

P.S. Robby and I went to school together and started our car passions together, he got his a Stage 2 Buick GSX and now I have mine a Hemi Cuda.

No it's sitting in the shop I am still waiting on the air cleaner and the throttle linkage pieces before driving it around. I did take it in and get the front end aligned but other than that its just been sitting in the shop, been very busy this week.

Bad news is it looks like I have a small oil leak and it may be the rear main which would really suck to have to pull everything back apart, but I will see when I can get it to my buddies shop and up on a lift.

Check the back corner(s) of the intake at the head/block/intake interface (most likely). It just
requires a dollop of RTV to seal the gap during assembly. Don't know if you could seal it after
the fact without pulling the intake or not. Leaks from up there will come down the back of the
block, run around the pan rail and drip off of the pan or the bellhousing.

Valve covers are possible but probably not as likely. Be very carefull not to over-tighten the valve
cover bolts as that can create problems on these by puckering the valve covers around the bolt
holes and preventing them from fully tightening.

If you don't want to use oil leak detection dye (any O'reilly's, Autozone, Advance Auto etc.) you
can clean the suspected area(s) with aerosol contact cleaner and then spray some Dr. Scholls or
Desenex aerosol foot powder on, just like a blanket of new-fallen snow. Run the engine and you
should be able to see where it is coming from. As with the dye, don't run it too long or everything
will be wet and you just want to trace the source of the leak.

Thanks John. I have not been able to see anything on the upper part of the block but it is dripping from the bellhousing I had a small mishap when we first started the motor and blew a cap off of the oil pressure line and oil went everywhere so it may be left over oil from that but seems like a little to much to be that since we cleaned that all up pretty good, but of course we could not get inside the bellhousing so keeping fingers crossed right now.

Headlights fixed just a bad dimmer switch, of course both of the ones I had were bad. Also grounds were not hooked up they were tucked into the harness, but all is good now, threw in a couple new bulbs for good measure. On to the next little details I don't think it will ever end.

Congrats! Thats car is just simply badass, great job!

Thank you, its being a bit of bear right now with little things but we are getting there.

I smashed my oil pan loading it into the trailer Friday night so I guess I will be ordering a new one of those and a new pickup just to be safe. The car sits very low and I guess I was moving a little to fast and caught the very edge of the ramp with the pan, must have only caught it by an 1/8 of an inch but it crushed the front of the pan.:violent1::violent1:

Bob, do you have room for the Milodon #31850 B/RB/Hemi Road Race Pan? Were taking one over to Mark's
for his new Demon to get a little more ground clearance. His car looks too Bad *** to raise the front end!

MIL-31580_800_zpstwwrjzdp.jpg

The replacement will either be that or one of Charlie's pans, since he has now moved down here to Orlando. I am heading out to our cabin this weekend for a week in the mountains and I drive right by Summit so may just drop in and pickup the milodon to try.

Pan # Milodon 31580 7Qt race pan
Pan # Milodon 30761 6Qt stock replacement pan

I am heading out to our cabin this weekend for a week in the mountains and I drive right by Summit

I'm going to assume you mean the one in Atlanta.... Cause if it's the one in Ohio let me know, I'm a mile and a half away

Yep Atlanta, our Cabin is in North Carolina. I so wish we had a Summit a mile away, sure would make things a lot easier. lol

But thanks for the invite I would have loved to see your ride.

-
Back