Hemi Cuda just for fun

-

skypower

Reaction score
Ok so it's time to start a new thread for the Cuda, some of you followed my other thread Hemi yes or no well I decided Yes so here we go.

Motor is currently in the shop being built and should be back soon so I decided I had better start getting the car in shape for it's new power plant.

Updated the Dana a little along with the rest of the rear suspension removed springs added coilovers and new rims and tires. 31x12.5 Hoosier Pro Streets.

Some pics

Attachments

• Bobs phone 006.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 2,523
  • Bobs phone 395.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 2,500
rear end

Attachments

• Bobs phone 417.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 2,513
  • Bobs phone 543.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 2,499
  • Bobs phone 777.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 2,531
old stance / new stance

Attachments

• Bobs phone 427.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 2,499
  • Bobs phone 519.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 2,487
  • Bobs phone 395.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 2,476
  • Bobs phone 389.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 2,500
more pics

Attachments

• Bobs phone 192.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,489
  • Bobs phone 475.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 2,467
  • Bobs phone 725.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2,447
new rear view

Attachments

• Bobs phone 584.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 2,500
  • Bobs phone 627.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 2,462
And this one is being kept around so maybe I can keep up with HemiDenny, but I dont want to wait 5 years to drive mine so the Black car will have to do for now but the green car will be getting it's own rotisorie very soon.:-D

Attachments

• Bobs phone 004.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 2,490
  • Bobs phone 104.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 2,464
  • Bobs phone 141.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 2,449
  • Bobs phone 264.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 2,445
FYI,

TTI just came out with Hemi A-body headers for these cars. So no need for a custom set to be made up.

Attachments

• PICT4565 (2).jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 2,428
  • PICT4565 - Copy.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 2,420
It looks MEAN :twisted: .I also like the D60 "backbrace" good work, suscribed.

headers are great...its what a lot of Hemi installs use (including me) for our A-bodies....but, require tubular K/coilovers .....eliminating steering box/torsion bars

please correct me if I'm wrong

the ones pictured are for a 62-65 B body..feature 2 1/8 tubes..(work great for the column shift auto hemi installs I've done...in the past I had to modify the #5 tube to clear the steering shaft ...but these already have it tucked in....nice!!!)

FYI,

TTI just came out with Hemi A-body headers for these cars. So no need for a custom set to be made up.

Thanks for the info but if that is a pic of the headers they look more like B body than A body, plus my car is a stick and I can't see how the z bar will fit thru there. I will call them though just to make sure, but It still looks like I hear lots of cussing in my future. Lol

It looks MEAN :twisted: .I also like the D60 "backbrace" good work, suscribed.

Thanks dodge wish I could take credit for the work but I have very good chassis guy who did the brace and coil overs, we are however looking into something special for the front end and I will be more involved in that. More than likely will wait and do it to the green car but you never know, how about struts in the front with out removing the inner fenders, should clean things up real nice in there and drive a whole lot better to.

thats a great looking cuda!! it'll be sick w the hemi :D

Thanks 68 maybe I can get a pic of mine with same attitude as yours someday. Wheels up and hualing azzzzzzzz.

P.S. Thanks for the advise you have given me along the way with this build.

I looked at doing a strut front suspension several times...without changing the overall inner fenderwell appearance.....good idea because you eliminate the upper control arms....but to place the wheel/tire in the somewhat correct spot ...I couldn't get enough sopport for the strut mount without running bars (like a race car) in the engine compartment.....hope you guys can figure it out....

bet a good chassis guy could do it.....it's just above my pay grade

Thanks for the info but if that is a pic of the headers they look more like B body than A body, plus my car is a stick and I can't see how the z bar will fit thru there. I will call them though just to make sure, but It still looks like I hear lots of cussing in my future. Lol

No they are NOT B-body headers. This is a entirely new product from TTI that JUST got released and shown to the public at Spring Fling a few weeks ago. What is pictured above is the FIRST set. I'm sure you will see product releases in the magazine soon.

The idea of these headers is to eliminate the costly need to have a set of custom headers for guys building clone Hemi A-bodies with modifications that were done on those cars originally (K-member spacers, cut steering column tube, offset master, etc, etc...)

But yes they look a lot like 62-65 Hemi B-body headers. But it is a whole separate unique jig and tooling for this new A-body Hemi headers.

These were fitted in a 68 A-body with 68 K-member, 68 centerlink, 68 manual steering box. The K-member was made from a S&S kit from Greg Fernald in AZ.

Here's pictures....

Attachments

• P02_COPY-(2).jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 2,347
  • P47_copy-1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 2,296
  • P46_copy-1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 2,314
  • P45_copy-1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 2,320
  • P17_copy-1.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 2,311
  • P27_copy-1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 2,337
  • P04_(2).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 2,326
I looked at doing a strut front suspension several times...without changing the overall inner fenderwell appearance.....good idea because you eliminate the upper control arms....but to place the wheel/tire in the somewhat correct spot ...I couldn't get enough sopport for the strut mount without running bars (like a race car) in the engine compartment.....hope you guys can figure it out....

bet a good chassis guy could do it.....it's just above my pay grade

Way above my pay grade also as far as the fabing goes but every once in awhile I get an aha moment so we will see how things come out.

No they are NOT B-body headers. This is a entirely new product from TTI that JUST got released and shown to the public at Spring Fling a few weeks ago. What is pictured above is the FIRST set. I'm sure you will see product releases in the magazine soon.

The idea of these headers is to eliminate the costly need to have a set of custom headers for guys building clone Hemi A-bodies with modifications that were done on those cars originally (K-member spacers, cut steering column tube, offset master, etc, etc...)

But yes they look a lot like 62-65 Hemi B-body headers. But it is a whole separate unique jig and tooling for this new A-body Hemi headers.

These were fitted in a 68 A-body with 68 K-member, 68 centerlink, 68 manual steering box. The K-member was made from a S&S kit from Greg Fernald in AZ.

Here's pictures....

Thanks for the clarification on the headers these pics look great and sure would save a lot of aggravation, I will be calling them when I get the motor back from the builder and discussing my options.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread!! Looking good, cant wait to see the progress....

I was there a while back, and didnt see the block, but he said they have been working on it, bores cleaned up nice with minimal boreing, told him he needs to get it DONE!!!!

Wow....thanks for clearing that up regarding the "new" headers!

.....wish they would make a 2" primary tube set for the street guys....maybe wouldn't be quite as tight....I'd even go for a set of 1 7/8" primarys

Skypower ...you better get your name on a set

Thanks for the push im getting a little ansy, just want to get moving on this thing.

-
Back