Hemi Cuda just for fun

-
Wow....thanks for clearing that up regarding the "new" headers!

.....wish they would make a 2" primary tube set for the street guys....maybe wouldn't be quite as tight....I'd even go for a set of 1 7/8" primarys

Skypower ...you better get your name on a set

The smaller tubes is what the owner of the mockup car Troy (from the old Westoaks MP) suggested. I believe TTI's thinking was going bigger "covers" more of the potential demand. And they are probably right. Not enough demand yet to have two different sizes. Like, I don't think Skypower would be interested in 1 7/8" primarys with his motor?

The critical thing is the placement of the motor. There are specific requirements for the centerline of the crank derived from fit and extensive research on the S/S cars. The "kit" you get from S/S does not give you a specific placement measurement.

There's a guy in WI that has pre built 68 S/S K-members that wants on board with this and said his K's will fit with this placment.

The smaller tubes is what the owner of the mockup car Troy (from the old Westoaks MP) suggested. I believe TTI's thinking was going bigger "covers" more of the potential demand. And they are probably right. Not enough demand yet to have two different sizes. Like, I don't think Skypower would be interested in 1 7/8" primarys with his motor?

The critical thing is the placement of the motor. There are specific requirements for the centerline of the crank derived from fit and extensive research on the S/S cars. The "kit" you get from S/S does not give you a specific placement measurement.

There's a guy in WI that has pre built 68 S/S K-members that wants on board with this and said his K's will fit with this placment.

Sounds like there is still some work to get this setup sorted but sounds very interesting. I was going to use motor plate for now but might look into other k member, just trying to keep budget down on black car although I do want to sort all these kinds of problems out with the black car before I get into building green one.

the set I built for my first 426 street Hemi Duster were 1 7/8 (size was suggested by Headers by ED)...worked great for a STREET motor....I understand for the racin' guys they sure would sell more big tubes...I use the B/E TTi's 2 1/8" on my street builds..but would prefer a 2" version....I like the backpressure of the smaller tubes with a 2 1/2" H pipe and 2 1/4 " tailpipes...it is sweeeeet...and tucks up nicely

I think I will wait till I find out what the motor likes on the dyno, then I will decide how to proceed with the headers. Every motor seems to like different setups.

Sounds like there is still some work to get this setup sorted but sounds very interesting. I was going to use motor plate for now but might look into other k member, just trying to keep budget down on black car although I do want to sort all these kinds of problems out with the black car before I get into building green one.

Not really. You put the motor in the right position you are ready to go. I'm pretty sure these will work with a motor plate as well. I will get Troy in here to answer your questions directly. I'm just passing along info, he is neck deep into it. He's building a 68 Dart S/S recreation 100% himself.

I wish I had a better picture of the board Troy made for TTI. It has written captions describing everything.

tell Troy I said "nice job" on the headers....

Not really. You put the motor in the right position you are ready to go. I'm pretty sure these will work with a motor plate as well. I will get Troy in here to answer your questions directly. I'm just passing along info, he is neck deep into it. He's building a 68 Dart S/S recreation 100% himself.

I wish I had a better picture of the board Troy made for TTI. It has written captions describing everything.

Will they fit with a stick, any idea on price yet.

tell Troy I said "nice job" on the headers....

Those headers all TTI's work. Actually Mike Davis' work, son of the owner is the prototype/fabrication guy.

But Troy has been bugging them for years about doing these. So when he got a Dart to do an S/S clone out of he offered up his car and motor for mock-up. He instigated this project. And months later...

Will they fit with a stick, any idea on price yet.

looks like that rear tube might be in the way of the Z-bar!?!?, i know i'd buy a set if they do happen to clear the clutch linkage. probably work alot better than my Frankenstein set of hookers.

autoxcuda.....once again...thanks for clearing that up

Those headers all TTI's work. Actually Mike Davis' work, son of the owner is the prototype/fabrication guy.

But Troy has been bugging them for years about doing these. So when he got a Dart to do an S/S clone out of he offered up his car and motor for mock-up. He instigated this project. And months later...

I will be calling to find out more details.
Thanks

I will be calling to find out more details.
Thanks

I just found this thread..... looking good Sky........ Motor plates? nah, your smarter than that.... motor plates look like well, motor plates... the quick easy fast way...... but that is just me. oh, FYI, I love the 68....... :thumblef:

Mounts were cut out of K member to clear the old 392 Hemi so I don't have anything there to mount too, so plate is the only way at the moment. I may steal the green cars but I don't want to tear the black car any farther apart right now.

here are some pics of fuel tank mod

Attachments

• Bobs phone 1029.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 680
  • Bobs phone 1022.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 678
  • Bobs phone 969.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 677
Great build Skypower, I like the stance of the car. Keep up the good work, glad to see some pictures!

Awesome work there mate, It`s going to be a beast when finished.....This fast-back was at our last Mopar Sunday in Australia, It was doing this on every run, He had the crowed on their feet every time it lunched.

Attachments

• classifieds_34537-1a.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 624
Awesome work there mate, It`s going to be a beast when finished.....This fast-back was at our last Mopar Sunday in Australia, It was doing this on every run, He had the crowed on their feet every time it lunched.

My poor little motor probably won't do that but at least sitting in the parking lot I can look the part.:yawinkle:

Thanks Hemidart. But sure ain't nothing like yours but I'm trying.

NVH with a motor plate is off the scale. Race car use only.
Not civilized enough for a good street car.

I know it's a bit rough on the street but motor placement is critical and the only other way will be to replace k member, and I just don't want to take the car any farther apart at the moment, the green car will have a different setup for sure.

would have loved to been there to see that, thanks for the pics.

-
Back