Hemi guys.....

-
Got any pix prior to paint? EZ is just looking for the most simple way, besides the bfh, to solve the problem......My friend has a Barton valve train, so he has some big covers. I will probably be using Stage V rockers, so I am quessing I will need some big covers as well.....

never thought to take any pics of this thing when i first started building it. you will cut into the shock bracket, i just boxed it back in before i laid the sheet metal on. i also have some tubing run up front on the outside of the fender wells that tires everything together. i noticed these a bodies are awful flexy with the weight of the hemi.

HPIM0072-1.jpg

pic is drivers but the passenger side is done the same
HPIM0074.jpg

My car has a set of snout bars off of the cage, and they are tied into the upper shock mount...

sounds like you have some re-arranging to do
Nope, the snout bars were tied into the outside edge of the shock mount. Picture is not of my car and it was taken before the snout bar was tied in. But the bar was tied in above the shock...mine was done the same way....

Attachments

• IMG_2152.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 269
Doug, that's my car you posted the pic of & yeah, WE got a problem. Call me so we can discuss it. I have some ideas & know it's not as big a deal as Ez is making it sound. This is one of those "OH, @#$%!" moments that everyone dreads but isn't impossible. JIm is essentially gone for the next month or so, so I'll be curing this problem myself.......

Nope, the snout bars were tied into the outside edge of the shock mount. Picture is not of my car and it was taken before the snout bar was tied in. But the bar was tied in above the shock...mine was done the same way....

dont really see that as an issue becasue thats not where the mod needs to be done

Attachments

• IMG_2152.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 260
The problem (which really isn't much of one) is that the snout bar has a 3in piece of tubing welded to the shock reinforcement which obviously limits just how much the sheetmetal can be coaxed back. My car will be back at home this weekend, drop by & take a look........

The problem (which really isn't much of one) is that the snout bar has a 3in piece of tubing welded to the shock reinforcement which obviously limits just how much the sheetmetal can be coaxed back. My car will be back at home this weekend, drop by & take a look........

where are you?

Can someone look at mine and tell me if they think I cut enough I still don't have the motor here yet to mock up, but it should be going to dyno next week so I better get cracking on this thing.

Thanks
Bob

Attachments

• Picture 047.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Picture 052.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Picture 053.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 203
  • Picture 055.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Picture 058.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 209
should I get a hold of ol' Swisswill and his plazma cutter and see when he could head your way....

bet you gettin' anxious for the Hemi to arrive...

Thats to say the least will feel a whole lot better when it's sitting in my shop.

And any help would be appreciated. As i'm very reluctant to do the cutting not sure what i'm doing in that area much more comfortable with the mechanical stuff. Metal work is an art and an artist i'm not. I know my limitations. This stuff scares the hell out of me, I don't want to screw it up.

luv the K-frame mod on Hemiroids' ride.....got any full pictures of that baby?

wouldnt the half inch spacers on the K frame make clearance worse ? I would think Its lowering the motor increasing the contact to the inner apron.

Dose the shock mount have to be cut? Anybody got any pics of that not just the inner fender.

luv the K-frame mod on Hemiroids' ride.....got any full pictures of that baby?
I like the idea of those front bars that are under the inner
fender from the shock tower back.

How about some pics through the fenderwell outside of the
engine compartment....and like Denny said, that K-member.

wouldnt the half inch spacers on the K frame make clearance worse ? I would think Its lowering the motor increasing the contact to the inner apron.
That is what I have been thinking all along. My car is going to have a motor plate in it. So lowering the k-frame is going to have no effect on anything.

The spacer between the K-fame & frame rails helps get the engine low enough so the carbs aren't above the hood when using the x-ram. It also provides enough room so the oil filter boss doean't hit the K-frame.
Now if one doesn't care about such things, I suppose you COULD simply space the engine up high enough to avoid this whole problem, but then you have to make sure your pinion angle is right as you've now tilted the everything UP to simply solve the clearence issue that can (crudely) be solved with a sldgehammer! Kinda like taking a step forward & two steps back! I have to give Terozzi & those guys credit back then as they had to figure this stuff out by themselves---we just copy & modify what they've shown us. My car has the heavy, cst Ray Barton valve covers, so they take up more room than the factory covers, so I sort of created the problem myself. With an inch or so sliced away from the area, I'm willing to bet my problem will be solved.

-
Back