Hemi Road Runner takes 3 feet of salt water on Long Island

-

MVRCorp

Reaction score
A sad sight indeed. While doing my thing adjusting losses on Long Island I arrived at an insurance house next door in the driveway was a 69 four speed Hemi Road Runner with the doors open. I spotted the owner and struck up a conversation about what happened. She stated that it was in the garage and had water up to the middle of doors. They had taken the carpet out but the seats were still bolted in. I told her and less it was immediately tended to it would be a rust bucket and six months. She said the car had been in the family since it was new and also said they really didn't have the money to do anything with it now. I told her it would be a shame to watch it deteriorate and encouraged her to please call me if they found but could not do anything more than wash it out with the hose. I sure hope she calls or else another very fine musclecar will meet its demise.

Attachments

• 100_5545.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,192
Ouch, but probably not the only one damaged! Thanks for sharing.

I *think* I know, from around the way, the owner of that car.

Sure is easy to arm chair 1/4back afterwards.
Your comments are twice as sickining as the car is trashed a d 10X's as stupid.

Never has this island suffered a storm surge. A d one so far reaching inland. 32ft. Above record is the height.

Your Making such an *** of yourselfs. Who ya rippin on next. How about re-rippin on Katrina victims for building levies to small. Or Cali. For not having earthquake proof buildings in the 20's?

Im not really sure how the above comments made you mad. The only one I could see as maybe in bad taste is the one about moving the car inland but I don't see anything wrong with that comment myself because the people knew there was a chance the storm would hit them almost a week in advance. Plenty of time to move the car. Using the excuse that the island has never been hit seems to be a little weak to me. If I was living in New Jersey and someone showed me a radar of a hurricane coming toward my state I would not be thinking.."oh, a storm has never hit here before why worry about it". I have had experience with hurricanes in Florida. I now live about 5 minutes from the Ohio River and if we are informed that a flood is coming we go down and pull the campers up to higher ground. Why cant you do that with a car.

Wow I wonder how many more cars ended up the same way.

If it is the car in the pic , its a 68 runner , even rarer shame!!!!

She didn't say it was a 69, I just thought it was. Sharp eyes. The save place for that car would have been in a garage on a lift.

X2....even if you had to rent storage

Move it Inland where? Maybe to NJ nope could not go there, Maybe PA? Nope they got the storm also. Sandy was as big as England , I lived throught it and the pictures you see are nothing! I think the last thing they where worried about was moving a car. I know could give " " if my cars made it, they can be replaced . I know its a Hemi Car:prayer:

I *think* I know, from around the way, the owner of that car.

Sure is easy to arm chair 1/4back afterwards.
Your comments are twice as sickining as the car is trashed a d 10X's as stupid.

Never has this island suffered a storm surge. A d one so far reaching inland. 32ft. Above record is the height.

Your Making such an *** of yourselfs. Who ya rippin on next. How about re-rippin on Katrina victims for building levies to small. Or Cali. For not having earthquake proof buildings in the 20's?

Don't know why your panties are in a bunch? All I am saying is the car is worth more than a lot of people's houses and hey, houses can't get up and move out of harms way, but cars can....They were forecasting the storm a week ahead....Its easier to move the car and bring it back after the storm and say , Oh well, my house survived ....I didn't have to move the car after all....Than to have what happened, happen....Don't get me wrong , I sympathize with the owner of the car and all the victims of hurricane Sandy but if I had a car in the garage worth more than my house, it would have left for higher ground

I would bet alot of Classic cars got damaged!

Attachments

• 2012-11-06T202339Z_1_CBRE8A51KOM00_RTROPTP_2_STORM-SANDY-LIPA.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 979
This is going to turn into a thread all about how the car could have been saved and that is not going to fix anything at all and prob just start a argument. The car could have been saved but it wasn't. Its water under the bridge now, or should i say water under the hemi.

Move it Inland where? Maybe to NJ nope could not go there, Maybe PA? Nope they got the storm also. Sandy was as big as England , I lived throught it and the pictures you see are nothing! I think the last thing they where worried about was moving a car. I know could give " " if my cars made it, they can be replaced . I know its a Hemi Car:prayer:

Uhhh, away from the storm surge....plenty of places in NY & NJ that didn't get the surge...You make it sound like the whole states of NY , NJ, & PA were underwater.......I am in PA and I didn't have a drop of water in the basement...I could have stored it for him for free

This is going to turn into a thread all about how the car could have been saved and that is not going to fix anything at all and prob just start a argument. The car could have been saved but it wasn't. Its water under the bridge now, or should i say water under the hemi.

Seems to be heading that direction....I'm done...I gave my 2 cents...Its a shame it happened

Don't know why your panties are in a bunch? All I am saying is the car is worth more than a lot of people's houses and hey, houses can't get up and move out of harms way, but cars can....They were forecasting the storm a week ahead....Its easier to move the car and bring it back after the storm and say , Oh well, my house survived ....I didn't have to move the car after all....Than to have what happened, happen....Don't get me wrong , I sympathize with the owner of the car and all the victims of hurricane Sandy but if I had a car in the garage worth more than my house, it would have left for higher ground

Exactly. The keyword in my statement was I. My statement is what I would have done before the storm and that is exactly what I would have done. Some things in life doesn't pay to leave things to chance.

What are the chances it didn't run? Or were they like a lot of people who didn't think it would happen to them. I bet on the 2nd

More arm chair comments that are easy to say but stupid.
There is a difference in knowing a storm is coming and one that doubles the last record high.
A weak comment?

That in itself just shows your stupidity. 4th grade education level comment that one was.

While I'd love to play with *** wipes over this, jotting down intelligent replies to the stunted brains would take to long to break down to the kinder level needed. I'm going back to work.

What are the chances it didn't run? Or were they like a lot of people who didn't think it would happen to them. I bet on the 2nd

I agree on the second. LOL, That is why I live on a hill that is higher than most of the city. That is also why all of my cars are on top of the two hills instead of the bottoms even though none of this land has never flooded.

I have seen floods in our city and people lost everything. The city has eliminated most of those homes that the floods didn't destroy. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Their best bet right now is to try and flush out the car with de-ionized or soft water in order to get rid of any of the salt left from the storm water. It has already been two weeks but flushing/washing with soft water will help.

Oh, panties not in a bunch. Nor am I upset.
Jus amazed at the idiot responses.
Even more so since I assumed that each person here is somewhat educated.
I see that I am sorely mistaken.

-
Back