hemi starter

-
Mopar Performance does sell these mini starters, but a better choice is your local ADVANCE AUTO PARTS or AUTO ZONE, they are the same, but they cost less money.

Order a starter from say a 1996 DODGE RAM 1500, I paid $140 for a brand new starter, they do have reman starters for 121.00. Personally, I would only buy a new one, I have had too much trouble with reman starters and alternators.

This starter will fit any mopar engine ( slant six to the 426 Hemi, but not the 4 speed HEMI, The 4 speed HEMI uses a " Direct Drive Starter " I don't know anyone selling these starters, at this time

Mopar Charlie
727-271-5068

This starter will fit any mopar engine ( slant six to the 426 Hemi, but not the 4 speed HEMI, The 4 speed HEMI uses a " Direct Drive Starter " I don't know anyone selling these starters, at this time

Mopar Charlie
727-271-5068

I think it's important that we specify, we talking about early hemi, 426 hemi, or 5./ 6.L 3rd generation hemi?

Robb Mc has a compact starter , it's not cheap but the solenoid is clockable for tight clearance to headers.

I am referring to the 426 HEMI, using the 172 tooth flywheel and the 833 4 speed transmission.

MOPAR used a " Direct Drive Starter " , not the gear reduction starter. very hard to find.

mopar charlie
727-271-5068

Just go to Carquest or Napa, they can get you the same starter for less. I can get you a part# later today. I run the Carquets starter w/ Hooker Headers on my Hemi. The battery cable is a little tight but it works great.

Mopar Charlie
727-271-5068

RobbMc I am pretty sure sells a replacement for the hemi direct drive , but I don't think that is what the OP is asking about.

-
Back