Here is my work in progress!

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
I have been a member for a little while now so I decided I should post some pics of my 71 swinger. Currently the hood is being changed alot, and also getting rid of the rear go wing. I have a lot of work to do on the interior also. Let me know what you think!

Swinger 012.jpg

Swinger 009.jpg

Swinger 011.jpg

Swinger 010.jpg

Nice love the tail lights and doorhandles. never did like the look of the go wing. i also got a 71 swinger iam in the middle of tearing down. keep us posted.

Thanks! Yeah the door handles tool some work but man the tail lights are a different story lol. We retained the original steel bumper and did some serious fab work to make them look right. My good friend Tim who owns and operates Classis American Rides here in Chandler did all the metal and fab work for me and it turned out awesome! I really like the cuda and challenger handles and had to have them. Also, it was a toss up between going with a 70 bumper and going really custom. We went with the latter lol.

Wow, That Dart is one of a kind =P~ I like the smooth door handles and custom tail light work, The stance looks perfect, what kind of suspension are you running under there =P~ The colors go very well together 8)8)

Isn't this Dart the same one that i saw on a thread here the other day that was for sale on E bay? I do not have a link to the thread but the pictures of the rear tail lights looked the same as well as the stripe and the paint scheme over the back deck lid down onto the tail panel. Sweet ride!!!

Dont usually like custom tailights but those are pretty cool, beauty you got there.

Nice custom, what are the specs on the motor?

Thanks! The motor is a 440 that I lucked out and picked up for $200. It was sitting in the engine bay of a 70 challenger that a friend of mine bought and he's going with a 6.1 hemi so had no use for it. It looked really old all painted black and covered with a layer of dirt but for that price I just couldn't pass it up. Upon tear down I found brand new kb pistons, howard camshaft, and a lot of port and polishing work done to the heads. I didn't look up the cam specs but its really lopey. I topped it off with the FAST Ez EFI. Still trying to get the thing tuned properly.

ya i want to do something like that with my tail light got a few ideas. throwing a few ideas around for the door handles. mabye shaved or i seen a dart in mopar mag with hidden handles but i would have to cut notices it the doors.there kind of like the new corvette. dont know if i want to do that.

Wow, That Dart is one of a kind =P~ I like the smooth door handles and custom tail light work, The stance looks perfect, what kind of suspension are you running under there =P~ The colors go very well together 8)8)
Thanks for the compliments everyone, it means a lot. The front suspension came from a 76 dart so it now has big bolt pattern and disc's. Its all stock components, just rebuilt with a PST kit. I'm also still running with the original /6 torsion bars lol. The rear has been mini tubbed, and now has an 8 3/4 with 3.73 gears and the spring relocation kit. I someday will be going to the RMS front and rear, just need to save my pennies lol

Love your car. myself I'm not much on painted bumpers but on that paint scheme thay look awsome. Also like what you did with the stripe.Car is a real head turner!! Congrat's

Really,really beautiful dart ! I always wondered if it were possible to use the e-body door handles on an a-body door.Guess anythings possible if you got the skills.Please keep the pics coming.Do anything special with the interior?

It is a pretty neat lookin dart. I'm also not a fan of the go-wings. very unique though.

Pretty cool, different is good.
Thanks! I have always loved how Chip Foose designed his cars and thought I would do something along the lines of what he would do.
Care to share the motor build, looks pretty wicked.
The 440 is fairly nasty, I bought it from a friend of mine for $200. It was in a 70 challenger he bought and had no use for it. He and I had no idea what was inside so I tore it down. It was brand new, never been fired! Someone had installed Kieth Black pistons, Howards camshaft "dont know the specs" but its lopey as hell! ARP main androd bolts, A lot of head porting "a lot!" and polishing. It runs like a raped ape, holy crap! I put the FAST EZ EFI on it, just trying to get the thing tuned right.
Love your car. myself I'm not much on painted bumpers but on that paint scheme thay look awsome. Also like what you did with the stripe.Car is a real head turner!! Congrat's
Thanks man, the color scheme was decided last second!
Really,really beautiful dart ! I always wondered if it were possible to use the e-body door handles on an a-body door.Guess anythings possible if you got the skills.Please keep the pics coming.Do anything special with the interior?
As far as the interior I'm going with later model charger seats, and a full custom center console.
It is a pretty neat lookin dart. I'm also not a fan of the go-wings. very unique though.
The wing is going away, dont really like the look of it.

Sweet looking rid, very unique. I will take the Go-Wing if your getting rid of it

-
Back