Here we go. 74 Pro-Street Duster

-

Badart

Reaction score
Well here I go. I am starting to build a good driving big block pro-street car. I have had this duster for a couple of years. It is currently a good driving slant 6 with a 3 speed manual on the floor. The body and floor pans are great and It was well taken care of. Just a little surface rust.

440 (in storage)
727 (in storage)
Ford big bearing 31 spline 9" soon to be narrowed and disc brakes installed. (I know it's the f word don't judge me. I already had it and it has a detroit locker installed already)
3.89 gears
Chris Alston Pro-Street 4-Link on the way.

I will keep you posted.

2-16-09 50%.jpg

Nice project!Just finished doing front and back on my 66 Dart!What u-joint do you use for the rear??

pettybluedart I don't know what u-joint I will use yet. I figure that will be that very last thing I get for the car. Any suggestions?

upgrade to 1350 joints. Summit and Jegs and most suspension fab shops sell the yokes front and rear. The 1350s are unbreakable.. almost...

sounds like a recipe for fun! keep the pics coming.....

Thanks Hemiduster. I will do that. I have been looking at this forum for a while getting ideas. Thanks for the future help.

I want to make sure I will be happy with my gear selection. The car is getting 29-15.5-15 hoosier pro-street tires. 440 727 combo. I have a set of 3.89 gears from mosier and I want to know if this a good choice. I plan using the car around town and very little highway use. I don't really have any plans taking the car to the track. Maybe someday. Thanks for your input.

wow that is a great looking duster to start with. Cant wait to see it finished. The funny part is I call Ford the F-word too. Good luck with build.

-
Back