Here we go again. Its acting up worse this time!

-
drain the carb. put some fresh gas in the tank, change your plugs and check your cap/rotor/points. Shoot some starting fluid in it. Bet it will run, then take it out around town. It will probably die a few times so bring a buddy along for moral support and to walk back to the house for a tow vehicle if needed. But once you get it warmed up and run the bad gas out of the carb and burn some crud out of it I bet it will be a lot better.
Old cars, bikes, boats and people hate to sit around. Its bad for them. They need stimulation or they die. I've bought a few cars real cheap for this very reason. Someone had an old car they let sit, I came by with 100 bucks and case of beer and the promise to have the car out of the yard that night. The best was an oldsmobile F85. 12 pack of heineken and 100 bucks. Two shots of starting fluid after sitting for 6 months and i drove it home. Wish i still had that one.

I am planning on rebuilding the carb tomorrow, if I can get a float (does part # CRB2471 from napa work for my carb.. Need to know cause Im gonna try to pick one up tomorrow if its the right one)
It has fresh gas in the tank. Just filled it up right before it started acting up. The plugs, rotor, and cap are all new (just 2 months ago).
I hope to get the float and get the carb rebuilt. Then try firing it up again and see if she will run for me. If so I will be taking it for a nice long drive, because I miss driving it. I have to drive my moms mini van.

Thanks to everyone for the help!! I REALLY appreciate it!!!

I am planning on rebuilding the carb tomorrow, if I can get a float (does part # CRB2471 from napa work for my carb.. Need to know cause Im gonna try to pick one up tomorrow if its the right one)
It has fresh gas in the tank. Just filled it up right before it started acting up. The plugs, rotor, and cap are all new (just 2 months ago).
I hope to get the float and get the carb rebuilt. Then try firing it up again and see if she will run for me. If so I will be taking it for a nice long drive, because I miss driving it. I have to drive my moms mini van.

Thanks to everyone for the help!! I REALLY appreciate it!!!

is the float in the carb now bad?

check the plugs. if it was flooding out like you said they are probably fouled out.

Im wondering if the float is the reason it was flooding out. I ordered a float today, and I have had a rebuild kit for it, just havent put it on because I didnt have the float. Floats supposed to be here next week.

I went out today and it fired right up, Didnt stall at all. So I pulled it out on the street and drove it for a minute. Then I had to back up and it stalled. Fired right back up, and I took it 5 miles south going 55. Ran without a problem. Went into the store for about 7-10 minutes and came back out. It had a REALLY hard time starting. Got it running, then came come 5 miles. Not a problem. I got home, and I parked it back in the back yard.

Well, yesterday I went out and hit the key and it fired right up. I drove around in the yard for a minute and it didnt stall at all. Then I took it out on the street and it stalled. I had a pretty hard time getting it started again. Then after it started back up, I took it for a 5 mile drive. Ran perfectly fine. Then I shut it off at the store and it did not want to start back up. I got it runnning and came the 5 miles back home.
I ordered a float for the carb so I can get it rebuilt. Should be in next week.

Rebuilding the carburetor is stupid unless you CLEAN THE SOURCE first. If the tank has **** in it, you will forever have the same problem. Build the carb, it may run good for a little while, but if the tank has rust and debris in it, you are simply chasing your tail until you remove the tank and clean it out.

Well if I tear into, I am going to get the tank cleaned. I am just waiting on the float though, before I rip into anything. That way if I have to move it, I will still have the tank and carb on it to drive it.

Put her up on jackstands. get it running as well as you can, you may have to adjust the timing and carb to get it running enough to stay running on its own. Get in, sit down with the radio going and let her heat up and burn this crap out. Doing it on jackstands is nice because if it breaks down you dont need to recover it.

You may want to run it from a jerry can with a long portion of hose, you will find out if its the tank.

You may want to run it from a jerry can with a long portion of hose, you will find out if its the tank.

This. That's the best advice yet. Course if there's still crap in the carb, it's gonna run like hell no matter what gas source you use.

I'd check the water in the oil problem first. Is the coolant level going down? If so, you have an internal leak....gasket or crack in head/block. Once you have that figured out, then work on the carb overhaul. I'd check the fuel filter to see if it has any crap in it. If it doesn't have much of anything, just clean out the carb and readjust everything. If there is a bunch of crap in the filter, it's pull the tank time. Make sure the oil is not diluted with gasoline or you'll be needing bearings soon.

The coolant level is still right where its been.
I cant check the fuel filter, unless I cut it up. It is a solid metal casing.
I have been going out and starting it, and its running pretty good. It might stall once or twice, but runs real good for the most part.
Just it has bluish smoke coming out. Thats the only thing I cant figure out now.

If my oil looked like that I wouldn't drive it around the block. You've got water in your crankcase and it won't go away by itself. You have to fix it! Pop the head off, it's most likely a blown head gasket.

I think I'd do a little more diagnosing first before I pulled the head. If it's burning oil through the rings, changing a head gasket isn't going to help that. If the oil is diluted, it will burn oil....even with good rings. Change it and the filter and then give it a good run. When it cools down, give it a wet and dry compression test so you know where you stand. You can check a metal fuel filter without cutting it open. Just tap the inlet side nipple into the palm of your hand and see if anything comes out. If you get a lot of foreign junk out, you need a new one anyway, so go ahead and cut it open with a hack saw for further inspection.

My plans are to rebuild the carb, Since im almost positive that is the reason its flooding out. And also it is getting gas into the oil, diluting the oil. Then when I get it rebuilt, I am going to change the oil and filter. That way It will all me new. Then I will go from there and see whats happening.

What does the oil look like now that you have driven a bit on the hiway??Did it burn off the moisture??

-
Back