chasonmarose

Reaction score
360 block 4.040 so 367 cubes
3.58 crank and 6.123 rods both 0.40 oversized
Kb107 pistons and moly rings 10.5 to 1 compression
Comp cam XE275HL 287/275 0.50 is 231/237 lobe 110
Holley strip dominator intake
Holley street avenger 670 carb
Cast iron heads 2.02 1.60 valves 65 cc combustion chambers ported out to 250 cfm flow.
Flow tech headers ran to magnaflow mufflers 2.25 piping.
Rear end limited slip 2.73 gears for good highway driving
727 transmission upgraded with heavier clutches.
Ignition is a 1 wire hookup 50000volt distributor
Timing is 17 initial 34 advanced and 52 with vacuum hooked.up at around 3000 rpm

This motor is in a long box d 100 and it pulls like a son *****
Just wondering if anyone has a similar combo and what HP u guys got.out of it.

Thanks!

Chase

Stout combination,a change to 2.5 "exhaust, some timing curve & gear ,would help. Those,will make the combination better. As for the h.p,depends on the quality of head work. The short block /cam considered,380-410... ,6100-6300 peak power.

"What do I think" s the title of the thread. So here is my take for a IMO, improvement.

Change the following parts;

Strip Dominator for a RPM
Low numerical gears for higher ones like 3.73's
Exhaust pipe size to 2-1/2

The Strip Dominator should be seeing nearly twice the cam duration in a vehicle half the weight.
The gear ratio isn't allowing a decent torque release.
The exhaust pipe size is choking power pretty good.

What stall converter is in use?
Truck weight?

I have the stock converter in the truck haven't been able to find one that's around a 3000 stall. And my intake my dad.found at an auction for pretty cheap. Not a big fan of edelbrock

I wondered about the strip dominator myself. I have a warmed over 360 (kb107 pistons, 280/474 purple cam, 340-xheads,3.55gears,etc..) Oh, and also a ld4b intake which I feel it chokes my dart sport a bit. Would the strip dominator work ok? My dad has a cherry one waiting to be used! Sorry to just barge in like this!!

The Strip Dominator is not right. RPM would be much better, and you need more gear. Call a cam company and they will tell you

A good convertor can make a world of difference. TCI Streetfighter in my 727 was amazing compared to the stock one. That and maybe some 3.23's at the same time and a switch to 2.5" exhaust would seriously make you start frying tires for a living. I'd leave the motor alone... Why muck with it if it's running good

-
Back