Hey everybody, getting into the "A" game

-

dubs--cuda

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm a natural gas compressor mechanic from the southwest. I have always loved the A-Body Mopars and had never really looked into the early cuda til now. I saw a 68 Formula S Fastback last week and I fell in love. I'm determined to get one in the next month. I found one via craigslist but its a good 8 hours drive and the guy doesn't have a digital camera to take photos to send to me. I know I'll get one even if I have to trade my 74 B-Body. Anyway--Hi all and look forward to being around the forum. I'll attach a photo of what I have in mind for the build. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• HotCarsBaracuda_4.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 244
  • purplecuda.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 266
Those are both real beauties and good luck with your search.

My best advice when you're looking for a car is to be patient,do lots of research to find out what's out there,what you want and don't want,and to know what a fair price is for a car.It also helps to get a good idea of what condition you want the car to be in and find one like that.Remember that shipping a car from elsewhere is a lot cheaper than fixing a nearby car with lots of problems.
A site like this is a great resource and someone on here just might have a car that you want as well.I've personally bought two cars from members on here and both worked out great.

Welcome to FABO and good luck on your search for the perfect 68 FB fish. I recently bot one from a friend's widow that has been turned into a track car. Runs strong but looks very rough. I am really tempted to take one that looks great and put my running gear into. Then take the track car and sell it with the extra stuff I have with it like 360, 318, trannies, etc...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Barracuda-1968-Plymouth-Barracuda-Hemi-Cuda-Pro-Touring-Resto-mod-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c18f99602QQitemZ120678094338QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks would be a good start unless up close it is a kludge.

Great idea for a project! I love working on mine although it does get a little frustrating sometimes finding the little parts you need. But there is a whole lot available now that wasn't a few years back. Luckily, you can still find some deals on these cars and it is quite easy to clone a Formula S if you don't care about having an original numbermatching car. I love the look of plumcrazy on a Barracuda. Good luck and hope to hear more from you about your project!

Here is a Barracuda that was on Ebay a few years back and still one of my favorite customs.

Attachments

• 1b_3purple.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 6d_3.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 171
Welcome and good hunting..
or should I say good fishing ?

Welcome to FABO. Barracuda's rule. JMHO

1969 383 formula S 4/speed

Yeah I think I have that deal that I was looking for. The car that is 8 hours away is an actual 340 formula S. I talked to the guy again and it sounds straight. He said it's a full roller. Just needs a nice 340 to put in and a good tranny. He wants 2K. I found a friend down there and if his pics come in good, I'm picking it up next weekend. So excited. I think I'm going to start looking for a good engine tranny combo now.

Welcome to FABO, Dubs. You're going to have fun here. 2K sure sounds like a good price for a straight roller. Hope it turns out good for you.

Does anyone know where I could find metal outside window moulding for a '67 Barracuda, front and rear. Coupe model. Thank,
Jim Jaggers
<jamescathy@netscape/com>

Yeah I think I have that deal that I was looking for. The car that is 8 hours away is an actual 340 formula S. I talked to the guy again and it sounds straight. He said it's a full roller. Just needs a nice 340 to put in and a good tranny. He wants 2K. I found a friend down there and if his pics come in good, I'm picking it up next weekend. So excited. I think I'm going to start looking for a good engine tranny combo now.

Welcome, to make sure its worth your time and money, important to start with something rustfree, just common sense. You definitely want to direct most of your attention to building the mechanical aspect of the car and not body panel replacement. Rustfree rollers or shells can sometimes be a bit pricey but in the long run it will save you alot of money. Remember structural integrity is the important thing on one of these cars, especially if going to put something in it that will be a force to reckoned with.

-
Back