Hey Fellow Mopar Addicts

-

70dart

Reaction score
Greetings from the east coast of Canada, I was happy to discover this forum while searching for many things Mopar. I'm glad to be here and look forward to sharing info, parts, pics, etc with you all as I am fairly new to the car restoration hobby (I am basically building a 70 swinger from the ground up) meaning very small budget. Started with the shell of a 340 swinger and whats left of a cut up slant six towed out of the bushes. So heres hopin'

Welcome 70dart, from one end of Canada to the other. :salut:

pic4.JPG

Howdee from Winnipeg and welcome from another fellow Dart Swinger man and fellow "IT geek"! Even us pencil necked IT guys like to get get grease under the finger nails. I've got a 1970 Dart Swinger web site you may be interested in visiting with lots of stuff that may help with your project. Check it out at this web address link:
:salut: :thumblef:

Thanks for the welcome guys, I can't wait to get into the nitty gritty on this project. I lost last summer and the past winter due due exam writing schedule, renovating the house, getting married and building another house, moving etc whew!! What a year. I have been acquiring parts for a while now off Ebay but need tons more including full drive train, I am hoping for an 83/4, 727, and a buildable 340 at a decent price to stroke out.

If you have any thoughts on the following could you pass them on. I have to build all four frame rails, rear and front cross members, but I also have to cut the complete floor out including trunk. So with floor cut out what are my attachment points options? I also want to relocate the rear springs to the frame rails and mini tub it for the widest possible street tires and slicks any thoughts there? Will I need to shorten rear housing or are there limitations without altering rear quarter wheel openings? I also am stumped on removing front vent windows with frames I have all visible bolts out but something still seems to be holding. Have either of you tried the Blair spot weld cutter tool? It's claims seems to be good I purchased some brand x one locally but I found if turning too fast it ruined on one cut, thas my luck! Hartman-52 awesome site I spied that along time ago and is in my favs for references!! Thanks a million! I am IT but I am not afraid of work when it is something I enjoy like Mopars and speed they go together. Once again guys thanks for making me feel welcome!!

Hey 70dart!

Welcome from a fellow N.B. resident. I am from near the Saint John Airport.
It sounds like you have your work cut out for you. You may be able to find some of the parts you need in Grand Falls. There is a guy up there that has garages full of parts. PM me for his name. He is the guy that I bought my Demon from. I also have connections at the local Shur-Fit Automotive. I can get parts at wholesale. ie: brakes, front end parts etc: If you need them.

Jack

Welcome ..... :salut: I love these old darts. i had one a 71 Dart 340 very nice car ran good and looked good also. what every got in me to sale it . I have no ideal. here is an old pic of her....

newdart%200208.jpg

newdart%200212.jpg

et%201.jpg

Hey Coyte Jack and Onehellofadart nice to hear from you guys. One hell of a dart I do have some pictures here some place of when the dart was brought home if I can find them still finding stuff and looking for stuff since the move. But it would be better to get a lookin' like something before I post what do ya say?

Coyote Jack I will be in touch regarding the guy in grand falls, the good stuff will probably be gone before I round up the cash but I do have to go to Grand Falls in two weeks; it doesn't cost to look. I also have a line on two that a guy wrecked but they are supposed to have full 340 drive trains in them if I can ever get a hold of the guy he does long haul. If what I heard is true it would be worth it to grab it all as 340 are getting scarce. It is also good to that alot of people around here still dont know what some of this stuff goes for out in the Mopar world anyway good to see some N.B.ers here Ill be in touch.

Welcome aboard its always nice to see the before and after pics, and during as you get a little work done on her. Thats what my plans are for my Demon.

O.K. I will post as soon as I find them I know I had a couple of when I trailered it home. I just spent the last few hours looking with no luck. If I dont find them I'll take some tomorrow. Right now I need a little sleep as I worked all night 7 to 7. Nice ride rules371. I'm with you, I love the swinger body style with the twin hood scoops. How do you spell hot? MOPAR :thumblef:

one thing I have lerned here at fabo is yall in canada can get the job dun.
70dart you can count on all the help you need here. :thumblef:

Thanks Memike.1 I get that impression too. fabo only guys and gals semm to be a greta bunch just like a brotherhood really cool :thumblef:

Here they are guys minus the wheels, hood and one front fender thats on it were obtained after I brought her home. Parts I have for it that you don,t see here are; Deck lid, P.S. fender, S.B Ralleyes, 3 Spd auto console, aerial grille and some misc pieces. Hopefully the weather warms soon and I can get frame rails built and on to transport it to my place my parents are tired of the lawn ornament.

Picture 042.jpg

Picture 041.jpg

You have picked the kind of car that is worthly of your time,
and mine if I owned it, :thumblef:
and remember to injoy every moment you get to spend with her.
keep us up dated.and ask for anything :book:
we can help you with to get this A body back on the road :thumblef:

-
Back