Hey, look what I built

-

MB43

Reaction score
My wife decided that my son needed to have a fort in the backyard... Don't know why, but she convinced him that he couldn't live another day without one. So I was tasked with building one.

So I looked around, saw that they were starting at $1000 and didn't want to spend that kind of money. I went online and found a place selling plans for building a fort for $5. So I bought it, spent 3 weekends going back and forth to 84 Lumber for more wood and going to Home Depot for an endless supply of bolts and screws. In the end we wound up with what you see below.

I got the slide from a friend who was throwing it out, got the canopy from my brother for nothing. Overall it cost me around $400 to put together. What do you think?

5098_1178724671931_1342567651_30465537_3965321_n.jpg

5098_1178724911937_1342567651_30465538_6946151_n.jpg

You dun good dad :cheers: He will be wanting cable and a/c before you no it

Very nice Job mikelbeck :cheers: Young men need a fort :-D

Good Job! They'll out grow it quick 5 yrs max IMO n then plan for more Mopars! :cheers:

Looks good!A friend at work paid me $50 to go pickup an old cutup fort.(the wood was wrotten)I went and got it,scored the same slide(green though)and some swings,chains and a canapee.Just have to do what you,ve done,go purchase the wood to build when I,m on holidays.Great little fort!

i pictured an old 2x4 and 1x4 fort like we built for ourselves years ago.

Pretty cool, I'll bet your boy is digging it big time. :) Does that slide need to be up on more of an angle though or is it just the picture? Maybe your just trying to keep speeds down?

That is pretty neat. Looks real nice.

How about getting a couple of rubber hoses and making that boy a slingshot sized for water balloons so he can defend it properly. You could aim it towards the pool. :-D

Hey, thanks guys. Now they're asking for a rock wall along one side... so I guess I'll be building one of those. Then I've got to stain the whole thing and throw some Thompsons water seal all over it. Then I'm done!

Great Job!

Where were you when I needed my garage built.

Hey, this was the first thing I've ever built. At this pace I'll be ready to build a garage when I'm 90. :toothy10:

A $1000.00 for a fort WTF.I remember the good old days when you built it out of any scrap wood you could find.My Buddy just spent $1500.00 on a wooden swing set.I told him he was fricken crazy.. LOL Jim

$1000 is cheap! They get up to a few thousand bucks...

-
Back