hhp-high horse performance aluminum hemi crate

-

WEBBY

Reaction score
426 cube aluminum short block $9,180.00.....a good set of heads.....6.4 or 6.1.....the mopar performance p5156139 uses the 6.4 heads.....but jegs gets $18,000.00.....hhp uses a manley stroker kit.....you can order the compression ratio that you want depending on what your doing.....if you want a supercharger you order the motor that way.....what heads are better 6.1 or the 6.4.....or are they equal when ported and polished.....i called jegs back today and got a shipping weight on the p5156139 aluminum hemi and it was 475 pounds and someone was trying to sell the plastic crate in the classifieds and they said it weighed 40 pounds.....(435 for the aluminum hemi ) i also asked jegs on the aluminum head 440 small block p5153523 and it weighed 525 pounds minus the 40 pound plastic crate (485 for the small block ) so the aluminum hemi is 50 pounds lighter.....i was wondering if the firewall interfered at all with the supercharger in the black dart.....that dart is one sharp car i liked the articles on that build up.....i also like the 69 cuda t-56 magnum trans articles on that build up too.....i haven't heard anything about passon 5 speed lately.....a lot less work in doing that build up.....webby

Whoa, lay off the RedBull.

Anyway, I read the aluminum 6.1 based block saves 100+/- lbs over the cast iron 6.1 block. I thought the cast iron 6.1 based block was less weight saving over a SM Block (65lbs-ish).

I figured it would be to but i just went by the shipping weight that jegs gave me on the aluminm hemi and on the aluminum head small block. Webby

-
Back