Hi everyone! New demon, just joined.

-

killbilly340

Reaction score
Hey there. I'm Billy, in Los Angeles. Just got a 72 demon this winter and I've been enjoying this site so I thought I'd join up and say hello!

My first car after I got my driver's license was a 1972 Dart Swinger - in 1996, when I was 16. Yellow with white vinyl top. I totaled it 2 years later - oops, and got a 64 Valiant for $500, also a slant 6, which I loved. In 2001 I got a job that required hours of driving every day and I needed something more "reliable". It was easier to scrape together a car payment every month than to cough up enough for a real restoration on my Valiant, so I got.... a toyota pickup!! Don't get me wrong: It did the job. But let's just say my sense of style has been suffering horribly for these last 9 years.

In November, I finally picked up a 1972 demon, after months of searching. I feel like it's the badass older sibling of my first car, the swinger. It's a 340, automatic, tawney gold with sizzler hood stripes. Pretty much stock, and mostly all restored prior to my purchase. The guy I purchased from had done such a nice job, so as part of the deal I had him convert it to power disc brakes, and add a hood scoop. Other than those 2 upgrades, everything matches the build sheet. Including original motor and trans.

I feel a little lazy for buying a car that's mostly "done". :) But I really wanted a daily driver that I could hit the road with right away, and that's exactly what I've been doing. Anyway, I'm super stoked. And I'm sure I'll find additional projects/upgrades to embark on. This is a pic just before it left Detroit, and here in my back alley. Geez... they are exactly the same angle. I'll post some better pix later!

Picture 3.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Looks sweet! Love the 72's. I really like the look of the Tawny gold paint as well.

As far as buying it done, at least YOU are drivng one now :)

Welcome aboard
Grant

Welcome to FABO!!!!

Sweet Demon. That Tawney Gold paint looks terrific. Post more car **** as soon as you can. Gotta love Demons! :snakeman:

Wylde1.

Hi Billy and welcome aboard from one demon owner to another. That is one sweet looking demon you got. I got to agree with the others about needing to show more pics of your ride.

Welcome Billy. Very nice car. Would you mind telling me how you found your car? You're in LA and the car was in Detroit. Howed you find it back there? Thanks
Small Block

Hey Billy, welcome aboard! I love your screen name and your car. You'll have a blast around here ... and don't be shy with the pictures!

-
Back