hi im travis and i have a early a problem

-

travisschroer

Reaction score
sorry couldnt help it i know this isnt the intro area but i thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

so my name is travis im 23,an ase cert mechanic and have had my first car since i was 14 my 1964 dodge dart gt 225 slanter. i have just been keeping it going until i got tired of just keeping it together so i imagine i have a problem now lol. in the last 14 months i had the trans freshened up(un hooked the linkage with out marking it:violent1: that was fun) i went through the rear diff and cleaned it out and new fluid(even after 350,000 miles it was in great shape) i rebuilt the stupid slip yoke myself.

here is the fun part after all that i converted to hei ignition and was getting 25-26 on the hwy with a holley 1920 all on a 83 hydro motor. when it finally gave up.....:mumum::banghead: so i got my original motor out of the shed and sent it to be rebuilt (.040 over stock compression new valves mine were burned bad, everything else was actually really good considering the motor came out of my buddies truck with 250k miles on it) so in the last week i stripped the interior and cleaned as much rust as possible. i also rubber undercoated the entire floor board and am rewiring the whole car......

so im pretty sure i got bit by a bug lol and now have a mental issue lol

ya that is definatly one thing that hurts these old mopars i have seen so many nice cars rusted out in the north. it does make me sad to see em that way but at least they were driven. tx ill post some tomorrow when its light out and thank you for the warm welcomes guys

Welcome! You've done it now.... it's almost incurable you know. You start by pulling a few parts and then you pull a few more and before you know it everything on the car has been replaced and your bank account is empty! Then it's either time to start replacing again or time to find another "project". The good thing about it is the illness causes the patient to experience a state of happiness, pride and accomplishment. Have fun and once again, WELCOME!

Welcome!
Sounds like you 64 dart will be a nice project! This is a great place with great people that are more than happy to help a guy out!

Have you ever seen real rust in NM??????? Welcome to the FABO site I know you will
Enjoy your future visits. Take care
Moe
From west coast of Washington, where rust is a color

lol so i got some done on her today, il take a bunch of pics tomorrow i promise so i started degreasing the engine bay and i found this wonderful cleaner its the black can of bbq cleaner at wal-mart (4.56 a can) but it ate threw most of it. i still need to hit it with a steel brush tomorrow and i need to know if they make a reseal kit for the manual steering box and what color was it out of the factory(black or silver).

i finally ordered my carpet from stock interiors. the picture looked great but the customer service was awesome by far one of the easiest companys to deal with so far.

so checklist for tomorrow is

finish cleaning the bay and start welding the unused holes shut,
rebuild the steering box and paint it
test and draw out the wiring harness (removed from car today)

so guess the update is good for tonight see yall in the morning
travis

ok got a little done not as much as i wanted to but its something

Attachments

• 20110915122853.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 20110915122907.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 90
hey welcome.... yes... your into it now. same thing happened with my scamp.. i started just to replace things i "needed" to and turns out it became another project... now i am carless!

-
Back