Status
Not open for further replies.

txtopcat

Mopar Newbie
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 452 Stroker in a 71 Demon and I am planning on converting to power steering. From what I have been told this is the route to go. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Why have a stroker and choke it down with manifolds?I would go with manual steering and TTI's.

Tell that to the F.A.S.T guys who have more inches and run down in the low 11's through a stock exhaust system. I recommended he use the B Body HP manifold on the driver side and trim the bottom of the steering column for clearance.

I appreciate any and all input. I bought this car really cheap- I paid less for the entire car than the guy had in the engine alone. He did a lot of work to it and basically the enitire under carriage and drive train is brand new with 4 wheel disc brakes. I'm wanting to build a cruiser and not a racer per se. I'm adding a March Performance complete serpentine system and a Vintage Air set up as well. From the dyno numbers the previous owner showed me I should still be north of 500HP even with somewhat restricted exhaust and the add ons. Hopefully anyways! I hate having to collapse header tubes to clear everything. I have been eyeballing the TTI's but not sure how low they sit. the car is dropped a tad in the front.

Again, thanks for any ideas any one has!

Tell that to the F.A.S.T guys who have more inches and run down in the low 11's through a stock exhaust system. I recommended he use the B Body HP manifold on the driver side and trim the bottom of the steering column for clearance.

I have used the 68 thru 70 Set of B body's especially the drivers side B body H.P. on many A body's with a big block. They work great. And a lot cheaper.

I have a nice passenger/right side hipo manifold, correct for 67-69 440 Magnum. I can post a pic if you like or shoot me PM for more info. :glasses7:

Here is the one I have, heat riser stuck and it looks like the counter weight is missing, but many people remove this stuff anyway. Doesn't appear to have cracks, no repairs, no heavy rust pitting and will clean up nice. $150 shipped

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!oMFHjf9fJu)BR8D(rGy!w~~60_57.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 122
  • $(KGrHqF,!lMFHmg57F(DBR8D(wOIcQ~~60_57.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 119
  • $T2eC16h,!wsE9suw0QK4BR8D(7P8CQ~~60_57.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 118
Sounds good to me. I currently have a set of Shumackers on it. Any idea which will give me more clearance? I'll post pics in a sec.

Here are the pics

Attachments

• Header 1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Header 2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 126
Waaaaay lower! Not sure what the kid I bought this from was thinking. I have Tony sending me a 933 pan. Thanks!

I just want to make sure that the exhaust clears the power steering and what ever else is on the drivers side that might cause issues. :)

It doesn't sound like you need/want to get everything out of this motor on the street but if you go with exhaust manifolds and have some $ burning a hole in your pocket, you can always have them extrude honed.

Those headers don't look like they're gonna be much more effective than the HP manifolds. They're ANTHING but tuned! I'd sell 'em to somebody with a Street Rod.

My main concern is clearance. These Shumackers are the same design as the TTI's and 2 1/2" is as big as I can locate that may work. I guess I'll go ahead and get the manifolds just in case I have any issues. I appreciate every ones input!

I have a 452 Stroker in a 71 Demon and I am planning on converting to power steering. From what I have been told this is the route to go. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

I have a set of 68-69 manifolds for $300.00
Sent a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back