Hi! stripe question

-
FWIW, I put Phoenix stripes on my 69 Barracuda, and they fit beautifully.
Cuda61.JPG

I overlayed and blew up the two cars stripes for comparison.
The blue car "correct" stripe is overlayed on the brown car "incorrect" stripe.
Please note that I am not in any way claiming what is right, but only did this to point out the major difference between the two.

comparison.jpg

Here is another comparison with some reference lines. Aspect is a little off so the graphic slopes up on the brown car but the length is off.
gridlines.jpg

I think these are directly applied off a backer so they cannot be stretched unless the backer is, and its a waxed paper, so not likely.

Is it me or does the brown car have them on up side down?
Sure looks that way.

I would call them directly, with invoice in hand and get permission to return if they arent correct after opening.

Im not versed at all in the decal end of these cars, im just expressing an opinion from a parts guy standpoint.

Here is another comparison with some reference lines. Aspect is a little off so the graphic slopes up on the brown car but the length is off.
View attachment 1715376122

I think these are directly applied off a backer so they cannot be stretched unless the backer is, and its a waxed paper, so not likely.

Great comparison! For someone wanting original stripes, these ain't it.

Kind of looks like it was printed upside down but the ends are totally off for sure

I will chime in with this...look at how far out the quarters on the brown car go out compared to your orange car. It seems all wrong, how do we know if there is not 2 inches of filler on the ends of the tail light panel and the stripe looks short...I also agree it looks to be on upside down also. How do we know how much body work was done to the brown car...it could be done incorrectly and makes the stripe look short. Who knows but the back end looks different to me.

Not seeing the width difference. The 2 cars look the same to me. The stripes are A.F.U. on the brown one.

Notice how our OP has dissapeared with his "unopened box" that he's unwilling to return or provide an invoice for? It's almost as if this thread's sole purpose is to cause trouble.

But what do I know?

Notice how our OP has dissapeared with his "unopened box" that he's unwilling to return or provide an invoice for? It's almost as if this thread's sole purpose is to cause trouble.

But what do I know?
Who is causing trouble, ***!
I am here . Just listening to the *** hole comments. And I read every one. like " the car is wider then normal" LOL

I gave the stripes to a friend, Lesson learned. Brought the issue of the difference up to give awareness of the inconsistent stripes that are out there. Like the Demon stripes I have been seeing on cars upside down due to the fact they are not marked left or right and they are also cut wrong.

If you would have went to this post I added in the begining of the thread I didn't call the vendor out. The owner of the car did. Read my question. Then read his answer. Look at the pictures. Who's the the trouble maker? YAAH

[FOR SALE] - 1971 Duster 340

Who is causing trouble, ***!
I am here . Just listening to the *** hole comments. And I read every one. like " the car is wider then normal" LOL

I gave the stripes to a friend, Lesson learned. Brought the issue of the difference up to give awareness of the inconsistent stripes that are out there. Like the Demon stripes I have been seeing on cars upside down due to the fact they are not marked left or right and they are also cut wrong.

If you would have went to this post I added in the begining of the thread I didn't call the vendor out. The owner of the car did. Read my question. Then read his answer. Look at the pictures. Who's the the trouble maker? YAAH

[FOR SALE] - 1971 Duster 340
If you weren't trying to cause trouble you woulda opened the box that you had no intention of returning and checked to see if they were correct. Or provided evidence of its existence for that matter. Either way apparently you had no intentions of causing trouble, your name calling is evidence of that. Grow up.

You my freind must be stupid or just plain stupid or maybe really stupid. The pot calling the kettle black. Did you even look at this post. The stripes were wrong I gave them to someone that was happy with them. I made the members aware of the first post in the for sale thread and the answer which was not mine.

Then I posed the question to the vendor not knowing this was his or hers public forum. But its guys like you that are keeping it alive [FOR SALE] - 1971 Duster 340

Well well, I must apologize for causing trouble with such an upstanding member I'll check out before I cause you to cast aspersions on yourself any further in your replies.

Good day.

I will chime in with this...look at how far out the quarters on the brown car go out compared to your orange car. It seems all wrong, how do we know if there is not 2 inches of filler on the ends of the tail light panel and the stripe looks short...I also agree it looks to be on upside down also. How do we know how much body work was done to the brown car...it could be done incorrectly and makes the stripe look short. Who knows but the back end looks different to me.
Just what I was thinking also.

///////////////////////////////////

Or.......
The 2 inch difference is in the decal.

-
Back