Hi! stripe question

Phoenix Graphix

1. MOPAROFFICIAL

MOPAROFFICIAL Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:51 AM
    Numbers people can be dicks ,true
    ....they take so much pride in knowing, I guess...idrc. just dont get you're dick in a knot over it. Make a phone call 1st, that sheds you of the shit stirring title from the start. But who cares, these threads are entertainment, at the least.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Oldmanmopar

Oldmanmopar Going left turning right FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      1:51 PM
      I am far from a numbers guy. And I thought I was contacting them in private when clicking on their name.

I just like seeing stripes the way they were . You want to add your own stripes from a Camaro fine. If that is your thing go for it. But don't sell someone a stripe kit that is that far off from OEM and state it is. Some guys don't know due to they never owned one with factory stripes.

I am a critic when it comes to sellers misrepresenting parts . They should state .There not perfect but close and show actual pictures of their product. Do you actually believe that all of these venders have a car for all of their stripes to show what you are actually buying? No they use pictures off the web. I really don't have time for the degrading comments anymore. If your happy with the stripes you see on the brown car then buy them. I thought someone should point this out to the Vendor that was mentioned as the seller in this thread. [FOR SALE] - 1971 Duster 340 How would you like too apply these to your freshly painted Duster. They are not applied wrong. The car isn't 2 inches wider with bondo. They are just a real screwed up stripe kit.

I put these stripes on this gold Demon and others 30 years ago they were OEM the fuel cut out was in the stripe. There was no way possible to apply them to the wrong side up side down. The taper and arc are different from side to side. And the factory cap is painted on stripe color. I have not seen one kit today that is cut correct where the handle is painted stripe color so it matches the height of the stripe. But some of you nice guys will argue to no end because yours are wrong and you will never accept that. I am not trying to degrade your cars just making you aware that they are not correct.

I don't care I just like making people aware . I put so many of these stripes on at the body shop back then I notice everything wrong with these repo stripes. I added some pics of OEM stripes on demons. I have not found a Vendor that makes the correct stripe with the cut out in the stripe designating left side. When I received my duster Stripes for my orange Duster I took them to Jet signs along with old twister stripes I had . He trimmed the repos to match the OEM's The quarters were pretty far off.

20180127_153545.jpg

20170910_144353.jpg

IMG_20180726_154405837_HDR.jpg

i11969.jpg

18301964_1022974281169213_8041961905723350069_n.jpg

Picture 398.jpg

Picture 389.jpg

Picture.jpg

DSCN2527.JPG

DSCN0919.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
      • Like Like x 1
      • Go Mango

Go Mango Never enough beer...

Local Time:
        Steve, this just might all go away if you would quit baiting people by calling them assholes. And to even suggest that someone put Camaro stripes on their car isn't helping a bit! I've followed you a bit on here, and I don't think you're a bad guy, but I suggest you take the high road and stop insulting everyone that suggests you may be wrong about these stripes.

• Like Like x 2
        • Go Mango

Go Mango Never enough beer...

Local Time:
          By the way, those are some awesome cars in your pictures! I wish I could be that fortunate.

• Like Like x 1
          • Oldmanmopar

Oldmanmopar Going left turning right FABO Gold Member

Local Time:

It never goes away. I'm use to it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
          • aztropic

aztropic Member

Local Time:
            11:51 AM
            Alot of times,all the stripe maker had to go off were tracings of originals so the dimensions were close enough, but not precise.Sometimes,they even had to go with a "best guess" from pictures.Advertising them as Mopar authorized restoration products gives an impression that the stripes will be identical to the factory originals,and in some cases,they are not. 15772204088549010857713378083480.jpg 15772205178124290854063318994282.jpg
            Another of their stripes that's "off" is the tail panel for 75 duster 360.They did not have an original stripe to go off of so did the best they could from pictures.I have an original set and tried to get them to reproduce them but they didn't have proper equipment at the time to do the job.They ended up damaging one of my originals while in their possession and just shrugged their shoulders and left it at that.
            I guess a close stripe is better than nothing...?

• Like Like x 1
            • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
            1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
              By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.