Hidden Vin #'s

-
North Carolina has issued me a Special Vin #. My Dart will be re-titled correctly as a 1973. This will match the Door tag, Fender Tag and hidden Vin #'s.

North Carolina has issued me a Special Vin #. My Dart will be re-titled correctly as a 1973. This will match the Door tag, Fender Tag and hidden Vin #'s.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. One less thing to worry about in these tough times:).

Glad to hear it worked out for you. One less thing to worry about in these tough times:).
Thanks. It feels good knowing that The Inspector did a thorough investigation and The Car's 100% all mine. There's still a few more details to iron out. Like Form # MVR-31 which will get me a corrected title. I also want to find the Actual 1974 Dart even if it's in a Bone yard. Tomorrow I will call all the Local Junk yards.

Thanks. It feels good knowing that The Inspector did a thorough investigation and The Car's 100% all mine. There's still a few more details to iron out. Like Form # MVR-31 which will get me a corrected title. I also want to find the Actual 1974 Dart even if it's in a Bone yard. Tomorrow I will call all the Local Junk yards.

How cool would that be to find it. Doesn't hurt to try, good luck.

Well I finally got it. If you've been following this, You know I took a big risk involving the Police. My Dart just might have got towed away. But...........Luckily everything worked out great. The police confiscated the Dash Vin Tag which was for a 1974 Swinger. I got to keep the Fender Tag and the Door Sticker with Vin Matching Fender Tag. The hidden Vin's all match as well. So now I am the proud owner of a legit 1973 Swinger. And I have just received the New corrected Title which shows a North Carolina Serial Number. They also installed Stickers with the serial number under the hood and in the drivers door Jamb.

Well I finally got it. If you've been following this, You know I took a big risk involving the Police. My Dart just might have got towed away. But...........Luckily everything worked out great. The police confiscated the Dash Vin Tag which was for a 1974 Swinger. I got to keep the Fender Tag and the Door Sticker with Vin Matching Fender Tag. The hidden Vin's all match as well. So now I am the proud owner of a legit 1973 Swinger. And I have just received the New corrected Title which shows a North Carolina Serial Number. They also installed Stickers with the serial number under the hood and in the drivers door Jamb.

so what about the dash VIN tag? do you just not have one?

At this point yes, I can either make a tag that matches the Door sticker and Fender Tag or one that shows the New NC Serial #.

i was just curious how that works. did you get paperwork from the cops saying it was clean and clear? i know if i got stopped and they decided to check my registration against the lack of a VIN tag , my **** would be going away on a hook until they figured it out LOL

i was just curious how that works. did you get paperwork from the cops saying it was clean and clear? i know if i got stopped and they decided to check my registration against the lack of a VIN tag , my **** would be going away on a hook until they figured it out LOL
Actually The Dashboard Vin Tag is the important One. In My case the NC Serial Numbers(Door Jamb & Under Hood) Take precedence. I did receive a letter from the theft Department stating the results of the investigation and the new Serial#. The Inspector had to do quite a bit of Paperwork. The Serial Numbers are in the NC Data Base. If a police officer were to call it in it would show all the details and show me as the legal Owner. I will probably make a Tag to match the Fender Tag. Since it is the Legal Vin# for the Car, No one can hassle me about it.

I know this is an older thread but it's subject matter is current for me.

I looked at a Duster for sale on Craigslist. The seller stated that it was a '71 and the title states '71. But from the pictures of both the front end and real valance are '73 or '74. What's interesting is the VIN on the dash matches the title, '71. This normally wouldn't be an issue except that the car has an out of state title and to title the car in Colorado it has to pass a VIN inspection. I've been told that the VIN they check is not the dash VIN. I didn't think to check for other VINs and if I were to get the car and it fails the VIN inspection then I can't title it and the car might be confiscated as having an altered VIN.

Actually The Dashboard Vin Tag is the important One. .

If you think about it, that is pretty silly since that is THE one that can be removed easily
'68 is a good example. Dash VIN, and possibly no body numbers. If you don't have the build sheet/ cert card you cannot tie the body numbers to the VIN

do not know if anyone is still watching this thread but I found what looks like 9 numbers on the radiator post. hard to read but going left to right and facing the front of the car the last one looks like a upside down 7 or an L? 1965 Dart

do not know if anyone is still watching this thread but I found what looks like 9 numbers on the radiator post. hard to read but going left to right and facing the front of the car the last one looks like a upside down 7 or an L? 1965 Dart
That would be your sequence number and match the number on the bottom of your fender tag.

ok thank you. I am going to strip the paint off because I can not read the whole thing. for1965 L meant V8 engine car has HD suspension 14in tires and bigger brakes

fender tag:
body L11
TRM L1T
PAINT SS1 Y

123 456 6790
667 290
ABC DEFG
20 55

ok thank you. I am going to strip the paint off because I can not read the whole thing. for1965 L meant V8 engine car has HD suspension 14in tires and bigger brakes

fender tag:
body L11
TRM L1T
PAINT SS1 Y

123 456 6790
667 290
ABC DEFG
20 55
It will match the numbers on the bottom left of the tag. That is your SO number. It does not coincide with the VIN or engine. Your Engine and trans, will be the under the ABC

ok here is what we found on the radiator support upside down

fender tag
so -219
number- 06109
body L11
TRM L1T
PAINT SSI Y

very confused I have looked up the numbers and year one's site has 1965 vin details sort of. 2nd and third digits 7 and 2 according to them my sedan is a (7)wagon and made in(2) 1962?
is there a definitive book on data codes for 1965?

-
Back