High school Ride pics....

-

dodgetkboy78

EDELBROCK HEADS SUCK!
Reaction score
I was going through my photobucket account, and found some old pictures of my truck, ahhhh, bringin back memories, so I thought it would be cool to see some of your High School rides...

Here's mine, a 71 D200, was a test bed for many many engines, and mistakes, LOL.

mylove.jpg

Mine In 1977.

Sure Wish I Could Find Her!

My_73_Dodge_Dart_1.jpg

My_73_Dodge_Dart_2.jpg

My_73_Dodge_Dart_3.jpg

My_73_Dodge_Dart_4.jpg

My_73_Dodge_Dart_8.jpg

My_73_Dodge_Dart_9.jpg

Here,s a pic of me with my 69 GTO back in 1981,I know just a little disco looking!LOL Also a pic of my 87 Cutlass Supreme Brougham(1970 350 drivetrain)taken 6 yrs ago.
gto.JPG

cutlass 006.jpg

gto.JPG

cutlass 006.jpg

Beautiful car!

I'm looking for pics of my 74 Duster too, I have an old tape of it, wonder if I can get it on a CD....... I'm at the track running 11.50's..... Great vid.

Here's the Mopar that started it all for me 20 years ago. I had this for about 4 years and have kicked myself for letting it go ever since. I hope to some day get it back as I do know where it is. I was the 2nd owner of it and it has changed hands 5 times since I let it go. The car is a 1970 Swinger it was originally a /6 but I swapped it to a 318 after about 2 years the original color was light green metallic and when I bought it the main color was grey primer. I had it painted the yellow at a bodyshop I was doing Co-op at while attending high school it was painted red after I sold it. The car is now almost back to it's original "moss" green as its been sitting under a tree for the last 6 years it makes me sick to see it. I spoke with the guy that has it now about 5 yrs ago, he said it's for sale but he wants a huge amount of money for it because "it has a fresh 340" in it. The 340 was fresh 8yrs ago but has never been even turned over let alone started and its a /6 car he thinks if he puts $2k into it he'll get $25k out of it. I hope to get some cash set aside and go down and make him a fair offer and let him keep the 340. The Dart is to the point where it needs a lot of work as there is no interior (just an empty shell), it also needs floor work & 1/4s but I want it back just because it was mine

Heres the rides I had in high school. The first was my 1954 Dodge built by my dad and I (I still have it). The second is my 1987 Dodge Power Ram 150 (Wish I still had it). Paid $1,500 for it on Ebay. And the third is my 1972 Plymouth Duster (I still have it also).

100_0500.jpg

Photo_020309_001.jpg

Photo_041109_001.jpg

Here is my 1974 Swinger back in good old 1986....Spent $2500 on paint and body work, then drove it for three years. Still miss that car, it was in NW Ohio last I heard.

Thedar400.jpg

My old 4 speed Roadrunner. No power anything. Daily driver between (about) 79 and 87. Went through 2 paint jobs, swapped in a 440 from a 68 RT Charger, several rears and many dozens of tires.

hpqscan0006.jpg

hpqscan0005.jpg

Here's a pic from my first motor swap at sixteen years old. Accomplished with a tool set that consisted of a $4.00 Buffalo brand socket set (purchased at Osco drug store) and 5 craftsman wrenches 3/8 thru 5/8 ...

And it went down somethin' like this....
383 out of the Cuda... 440 in. Then 440 out ? 440 back in ? Then 440 Out, then 440 Back In ? WTF?? 440 OUT...THEN 440 BACK IN ? ...??WTF??

This **** went on for about 10 hours straight until about 6 a.m. the next morning when I woke up my old man for a technical assist . When I finally get him out there I'm like..."Pops"... "I can't get the back of the Freakin motor to bolt all the way up to the trans ...WTF is goin' on here " ?

So he says ..."pull the motor one more time... then come and get me when ya' got it out ".
At this point it doesn't take me long to pull the motor because after doing it fifteen F##king times... I am now an expert at doing motor swaps !

When I'm finished he comes back out jumps into the engine compartment and like a professional safe cracker he grabs the torque converter and goes clock-wise 1 revolution...counter-clockwise 1/2 a revolution and finishes with about 60 degrees clock-wise and "CLUNK" now the converter is seated ALL the way into the trans !!!
Boy was I glad that was finally Over !!!
"Thanks Dad"... I couldn't have done it without ya' !

By the way the picture is from the first pull....but eventually I had to use the Cherry picker ....Man those Big Blocks are some heavy-*** engines !!!

Scan_Pic0008 [Desktop Resolution]2.jpg

When I got it it had a Demon/Dart Front clip musta been smashed at one time...

71 Duster.jpg

This is how mine looked in high school in 2000 thru 2002 drove it everywhere with a slant 6 and automatic with A/C

uriahs pics 044.jpg

Awesome mullett Dougie.

Hall and Oats would be proud. LOL.

I'm no better as I had one up until a couple weeks before that picture I posted also.

This old hippy dude nicnamed me "citizen" because I was the only clean cut kid out of all my friends. Ha, ha.

Here is mine, unfortunately I never got it back together after I pulled the 318, if only I would have known what I know now, o well. The last pic is what the engine bay looks like as of present day.

3f07.jpg

8.JPG

9.jpg

fj63.JPG

In high school and how she looks now. I got her when I was 15 from the first owner (my dad), drove her untill 2nd year of college, then (short version) let her sit for 20 years. Am now starting the painfilly SLOW restoration!

dart.jpg

dart int.jpg

DSC04093.jpg

In high school and how she looks now. I got her when I was 15 from the first owner (my dad), drove her untill 2nd year of college, then (short version) let her sit for 20 years. Am now starting the painfilly SLOW restoration!

Glad to see you drug it out of the woods, I'd keep that interior, that's too cool...

mine bought in 1969 for 150.00,i was 16 yo,i remember cruisin the school the next day before classes,i was the cats ***,got a date and cruised woodward,tried out the backseat for the 1st time of many,have owned it for 41 yrs,i keeps me young

SSCN0286.JPG

I was going through my photobucket account, and found some old pictures of my truck, ahhhh, bringin back memories, so I thought it would be cool to see some of your High School rides...

Here's mine, a 71 D200, was a test bed for many many engines, and mistakes, LOL.

Cool thread. I wish my scanner was working. All of my car pics from high school are actual photos. I'll try and get some scanned in the near future.

My 1968 R.R. First Mopar! It was silver with inland shifted 4 speed, 383 stock w/headers and 3:23 open. It had a 69 grill and hood. This was in 1976. It ran pretty good, didn't lose many street races. It probably ran high 14's. Notice the stink bug attitude and miss matched wheel combo. The rear rims and tires (L60-15) came from Montgomery Wards, I ordered all 4 but only two ever came in. I sold it to get my first 68 F.B. Form S Fish after getting smoked by the same fish! Driven by a girl who did not know what she was doing!

-
Back