High School Rides

-
My first car, when I turned 16, 63 Plymouth Sport Fury convert...

1963-plymouth-sport-fury-2.jpg

A year after graduation, I bought my first brand new car, 70 Duster, 340 4-speed, B-5 blue with B-5 bench seat interior, this pic is from 1975, after returning from the military...

70duster.jpg

A year after graduation, I bought my first brand new car, 70 Duster, 340 4-speed, B-5 blue with B-5 bench seat interior, this pic is from 1975, after returning from the military...

70duster.jpg

Cool Duster, my favorite so far!! :cheers: Love the look, any more pics of it?

my dads car in school got him kicked out for tearing up the yard and got the duster while in night school and then mine from 9th grade

Attachments

• i18489.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 375
  • i18479.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 380
  • img034.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 377
Found another pic to go along with the one that started this thread. This is of the 3 cars I had when I started working after I was done high school, still working at the same place. My 71 Demon musclecar, 76 Cordoba winter beater, and 73 Polara mint 4 dr cruiser I bought off of my friends grandparents.

Attachments

• 3 cars.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 377
No pic's but my first car was a 1965 chevy 2 NOVA station wagon. at 16 I really did not care what I got. man I just wanted to get out of the house and DRIVE.

the same duster i have now..... I picked the duster up for 1000$ at a tow yard and drove it right off the yard from there it was just general maintance, all stock with a slant 6 till after 2 /6 engines later i decided to build the 318....

utf-8BSU1BRzAzNjcuanBn.jpg

I was a chevy guy during my high school days. This was my '72 Nova. I blew up the 307 and swapped in a 396. That car scared me a few times.

Attachments

• Nova 72 01.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 327
Went through the later half of my senior year diving my duster.. winter formal and prom.. good times haha was class of 09 so it hasn't been long since high school but I still have the car.. its my daily driver to and from college now.. awesome little slant six super six conversion n headers :) love it and hope to have my car as long as I'm around

Went through cars fast in highschool. Plan was to buy em broken for cheap, fix them, have some fun and move onto the next. Started with a 91 Honda Accord, 69 Pontiac Tempest, 70 Duster, 88 Corolla, then my 96 Trans Am. Worked two jobs later in high school to afford those cars and maintained a high GPA to boot! Parents helped me on the Trans Am by paying half in thanks to great grades and staying out of trouble.

Trying to look cool in the photo...

In High School I had a '69 Satellite 318,auto, B5 Blue with a black '69 road runner hood. I went tru 2 318's with that car then a 360 from a '79 Magnum. The 360 killed my first 904 the first day i drove it with the 60 a hard launch and it whipped 2nd gear out of it. For graduation I was given a '72 road runner TB3 blue, N96 with longitudinal black stripes on hood and trunk. original paint. from the factory it had a 400 3 speed manual, but had a modified 440 727 when i got it. I wish i could find that one again. Last I heard it was sold to someone in NC. I still have the VIN on the original warranty papers. I couldn't completely let it go. David

BTW I don't have any pics of any of my cars.

Man you guys are A$$Holes. Now I'm drifting back many years in my mind remembering old friends, girls I knew then, and I'm going to be playing '80's hair band music on the way home from work. I mean do I really need Van Halen and Quiet Riot at 6:00 am? One good thing is the Red Head that used to ride on the console of my '72 road runner Will be home in the bed waiting for me. .............. guess there is a good side after all ;)

Man you guys are A$$Holes. Now I'm drifting back many years in my mind remembering old friends, girls I knew then, and I'm going to be playing '80's hair band music on the way home from work. I mean do I really need Van Halen and Quiet Riot at 6:00 am? One good thing is the Red Head that used to ride on the console of my '72 road runner Will be home in the bed waiting for me. .............. guess there is a good side after all ;)
Anytime is a good time for 80's hair bands! LOL

I drove an orange 69 Corvette coupe to HS. Graduated in 83. Car was kind of a junk, but it was really fast, and looked good.

George

My HS ride and first car was a 57 Ford Fairlane. Got in in 1965. It cost me $25.00, and had 67,000 miles on it. It had a 223 ci straight 6 rated at 144 hp, and 212 ft/lb torque, with 3 on the tree, manual steering, manual brakes, with only 2 factory options, an AM radio, and a Heater (yeah, heaters were optional in 1957).

I drove that car for 4 years, but on Christmas of 1967, my father's gift to me was a new yellow 1968 Hemi Roadrunner, (833/Dana60). I kept the Fairlane as my daily driver, and the RR was my weekender and track car. Finally sold the Fairlane when I bought a new Swinger in 1971.

My first car in high school was a 1973 Swinger Forest Green with a vynal top had a 318, then my ssenior year I was working in a garage and this guy drove in with a 1969 Formula S Barracude with a 340 floor shift 727 with 8 3/4 rear end with disc brakes which the owner never took care of the car but I had to have it and after several converstations and 500.00 the car was mine. I drove it until I went into the service and my dad sold it while I was in Basic Training.
Class of 1982 Swansboro High School in Swansboro NC
I'm on my 3rd 67-69 Barracuda
All my pictures were destroyed in Katerina

Since High school I have bought , Stripped , sold , Race , crashed , and restored, in the hundereds, I have alot of pictures I can scan in of A, B, E, and C bodies I have owned. Also brand X's of all models. but mostly a-bodies They start with a 58 fury and include rr's, r/t's, s bees,chargers, gtx's, duster , demons , darts of all models, some of them might be owned by you all today, a couple of survivors from the past you see at Carlisle in rthe survivor class.. If any one would like me to start showing them let me know I will start a separate thread. It would take some time but I could add some everyday. You never know I could have a picture of your car before you bought it. I started in 1971 . I know I have pics back to 1980 or so. My sisters have alot of earlier pics I could probably get of early owned GTO's and other cars of my past. Also a couple of pics of cars I found at shows I owned in the past. but most of when I owned them. Let me know if any one is interested.

I wish it was as cool as some of the other cars on the thread. It was fun though. I still have it, it's all apart though.

Attachments

• DCP_3288.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 202
My HS ride and first car was a 57 Ford Fairlane. Got in in 1965. It cost me $25.00, and had 67,000 miles on it. It had a 223 ci straight 6 rated at 144 hp, and 212 ft/lb torque, with 3 on the tree, manual steering, manual brakes, with only 2 factory options, an AM radio, and a Heater (yeah, heaters were optional in 1957).

I drove that car for 4 years, but on Christmas of 1967, my father's gift to me was a new yellow 1968 Hemi Roadrunner, (833/Dana60). I kept the Fairlane as my daily driver, and the RR was my weekender and track car. Finally sold the Fairlane when I bought a new Swinger in 1971.
And please tell the nice members of F.A.B.O. just Exactly what "you did" to the Hemi RoadRunner (that I was gonna have you sign over to me right before you visit the Big Man) ????

My Barracuda (yeah, same one I have now)... didn't stay white very long.This was in 1985. You can barely see my dad's 1967 Camaro Convertible covered beside it.
brakes.JPG

toothless.jpg

noseCuda.jpg

My ride at 17 years old (pic taken in early spring of 1975). Car was an orignal 1970 Gran Coupe with 318 3-speed. When this picture was taken, I had just swapped in a radical solid lifter 340. Very fast car for a 17 year old.

Attachments

• 70 Baccaruda Gran Coupe.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 188
wagon (hey good mileage ) two rangers and a saturn all in high school.. haha

two years outa school i bought my duster which was sitting at a bar

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 015.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 186
  • phone 2 020.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 175
  • truck.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 177
I bought this late 1988 when I was 16. 1970 original 340 duster Windson Ont. built. No brakes. No kidding we used our feet to stop it to get it home. Big holes in the mufflers the day these pictures were taken. My dad (a cop) was frustrated because he could hear I started it and revved it up while he and my mom were out on a walk. I took it to school auto shop where my auto shop teacher well into his 60's at the time and made my car a huge part of our auto shop class. I got to work on it any free time I had at school. Biggest problem was finding Kelsey Hayes rebuild kits from the Chrysler dealer that cost me over $300 back in 1988. We did a ton of work because even back then you had to get your car "certified" for the road in Ontario Canada. The day I finally got it certified I hit 140+mph on the 150mph speedo more than once. This was one of the fastest cars in town for the next couple years and the fastest at Sir James Dunn C&VS to the joy and dismay of the Principal of the school over that time (there are separate stories there). The car had loops under the driveshaft and NHRA stickers on the 1/4 windows. I wish I knew its history and want it back bad if its possible.

Attachments

• Duster.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 167
I already been out of school for a few years this is around 1981 but here was a 71 Dart I had. A friends Scamp across the street with the blue light.

Attachments

• 71 dart.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 170
Back in 92-93

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 160
  • image0-4.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 154
  • image0-2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 150
  • image0-1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 154
  • image0-5.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 5.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 163
Found this 69 Polara with a 318 for $300 sitting in the country in someone front yard when I was 15 years old, (1978). It had the rare "power light" in the grill that didn't work, AM radio with rear speaker, and bucket seats. Recovered the seats with slip on covers, added an underdash FM radio and 8-track player as well as a CB radio. Eventually got matching slots for the front. Sold it to a guy that did a 7-grand "neutral drop" in the high school parking lot and it scattered the 727 all over under the car. Like everyone else on this thread, I sure miss that car!

Attachments

• 100_5479.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 100_5480.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_5481.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_5482.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_5483.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 161
-