Highest Gas Prices in North America

-
And you've got some really fine herbs up that a way, so I guess it all balances out :)

Yes we doo....

If we legalized and taxed the herb,, we prob wouldn't have to pay medical, and prob wouldn't need all the meds being prescribed either.. lol

I have a great medical plan
it's called "dont get sick"
cost's nothing, and covers the same

I hear you folks get to deduct your mortgage interest from you income taxes,, that'd likely pay for medical plus a bit..?

Not here..

I hear you folks get to deduct your mortgage interest from you income taxes,, that'd likely pay for medical plus a bit..?

Not here..

Wow didn't know that! And the tax savings probably pays for medical. I pay just short of $100 for dental, vision, and medical insurance through the gov't. I honestly wouldn't want a "free" medical care system. Why do I need to pay extra for someone who, most likely eats like ****, smokes, doesn't exercise, has motivation for a career. This world is way too overpopulated anyways.

Yep no surprise...raped over gas prices and a great deal of it is taxes. Saw a guy on a mountain bike a few weeks back,was doing about 40 mph. It was powered by a small air cooled 2 stroke. I bet he gets better than 100mpg,but I wouldn't want to get a bug in the face..

Are you sure I've got an old weed wacker I could donate for a motor I know It's not a hemi and understand if you want to hold out for one but it's a start .

....a buddy of mine did 2 tours of 'nam. oddly enough, he is a Canadian. I gather there was quite a few Canadians go over but our government will not recognize his service. Anyway, he says that the weed in the valley is the best he ever smoked.

For those that are allowed..I gather @ 47K, they are allowed to grow until March 31st when the government has decided that big pharma can do it better.

There are several class actions in the courts but we are not as forward thinking as several states where they have decriminalized it...funny, I gather it is the largest cash crop in the states.

They say that weed is a intro drug that leads the user on to worse drugs. Studies show that this is true. Those that smoke the weed generally take up smoking cigarettes !

Cheers,

back to wrenching.....brake and gas lines today..

Ian.

$3.31/gallon here. I'm of the opinion that gas should really be $1-1.50 less. I don't expect it to be like it was 12-15 years ago at $1.00/gallon. I'd be okay with it around $1.75-$2.25. I could reason with myself that it's simply inflation. :) But the spike over the 2000's decade from the low $1.00 range to now well over $3.00 is crap.

It's "FREE" but you have to pay for it ahead of time with taxes.It's a little misleading how it is presented around the world.
it sure is..i heard it so many times...sorry to hear that

$3.31/gallon here. I'm of the opinion that gas should really be $1-1.50 less. I don't expect it to be like it was 12-15 years ago at $1.00/gallon. I'd be okay with it around $1.75-$2.25. I could reason with myself that it's simply inflation. :) But the spike over the 2000's decade from the low $1.00 range to now well over $3.00 is crap.

We also have to remember,, that most of us have no problem walking in a store, and paying $1.50 litre/quart or more .. for some flavored water, that came outa a tap in some city.. where-as gas is explored for, shipped, refined, distributed,, for $1.00 a quart U.S., or $1.50 litre Can.. just to put things in perspective...

Here in Baltimore MD the place I get my gas from 3.58 for regular and 4.10 for 93 but 47 cents of every gallon is Md tax and it's not a flat fee for every gallon as the price changes so does the tax. This is something new the gangsters and the king just decided we needed and it went into affect on July 1 but next year we get another 11 cents Jan 1.
And if I thought that the tax would go to helping people that needed medical care I wouldn't mind it at all but it doesn't Oh by the way I just got hit with get this a rain water tax on the property that my shop is on 2100.00 a fricking year because it rains here now lets guess were that money is going, not to anyone that I know. Ok I'm done now THANKS I NEEDED THAT

We also have to remember,, that most of us have no problem walking in a store, and paying $1.50 litre/quart or more .. for some flavored water, that came outa a tap in some city.. where-as gas is explored for, shipped, refined, distributed,, for $1.00 a quart U.S., or $1.50 litre Can.. just to put things in perspective...

Agreed. BUT,and this is the problem...there is a monopoly on this gas market. There is currently zero alternatives for powering your vehicle,whereas water you can get out of the tap at your house and filter it for mere pennies rather than buying it at a store at a huge mark up. Now....if there were alternate sources of energy for powering your vehicle and gas remained at it's current prices I would not have a problem with it,but the price of gas is driven by speculation which is just wrong...we dont pay for drinking water based on the fears of Fukishima poisoning the entire Pacific..why do we pay for gas based on the fears of terrorism etc..especially seeing how there are HUGE deposits of oil in Canada and now Australia this EXCUSE no longer holds water.

For us in B.C it would make great sense to power up our cars with hydro produced electricity. I think this would level the playing field...and I would definitely go for a 650 ft/lb instant tq electric motor...you wanna talk about breaking axles,lol..as more time passes and gas just keeps climbling based on this greedy monopoly I am seriously considering an electric conversion...no pollution and no gas bills,but the battery technology is still not quite there. Recent research is leaning towards a battery with a wood core? WTF!!!??? Said to be much better,but I cant help but think FIRE!!!!

The alternative energy grid is FAR BEHIND in North America...Germany currently developes 35% of it's electricity from solar etc..Europe is waaay ahead on this stuff...crazy to think there is a lot of wind based power to be had in Ontario yet they let those sit idle and use nuclear...lol because thats sooo safe...Anyways,yup gas prices are too much moslty because we are hostage to it...

Recent research is leaning towards a battery with a wood core? WTF!!!??? Said to be much better,but I cant help but think FIRE!!!!

I worked on a 1903 sailing ship, ( 130 ft) had wood cased batteries, rebuildable.. that's right, polished wood battery shells, holding acid and plates..

I was amazed..

haha wind power is not that environmentally friendly. they build some huge wind farms on the left coast. big project worked very well. generated a ton of electricity.

chopped up WHOLE FLOCKS of any birds that flew through the area...

birds dead by the thousands.

worldwide the statistic is likely to be millions of birds per year being killed by them.

OK...if you want expensive...ink jet cartridges...works out to thousands a gallon...

I wasn't dogging on the system. I was just merely stating what a former Canadian had told me.

Not to say your lying but i'm almost positive that no hospital in the US can refuse treatment to a patient in emergency regardless if they have insurance or not.

yea they cant... we have illegals getting care all the time

"What would you do if you became sick or were in an accident and went to the hospital Emergency Room and they refused you service because you are uninsured? It's happening all over the United States even though a 1986 Act of Congress makes it illegal under the EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act). Yet, we send billions of dollars to foreign countries in aid, we are not taking care of our own.

Despite these statutes and penalties, hospitals have continued turning patients away. From 1996 to 2000, the watchdog organization Public Citizen confirmed violations from 527 hospitals in 46 states, as well as the District of Columbia . Of the 527 hospitals, 117 had violated the act more than once, and for-profit hospitals were significantly more likely to do so ."

There is tons more like this on the 'net but I don't want to beat a dead horse. As I mentioned, my dad was refused treatment until he could prove he could pay..they were snowbirds..and this was during an emergency ..

Ian.

Totally agree grassy. What happened to the Doctors "do no harm" oath? Obvious thier agreement with for profit health care is implied by not doing anything...

Some here need to stop watching TV and get what it's really about in all aspects of one's life. Yes, gas is expensive and more so with dated vehicles. Yes, healthcare is not expensive until it's needed. Yes, doctors take an oath, yet pharmaceutical companies make it hard for them to live by it...

And Yes, The U.S. is rated 17th. in world education

Totally agree grassy. What happened to the Doctors "do no harm" oath? Obvious thier agreement with for profit health care is implied by not doing anything...

I thought the doctor "do no harm" oath, only applied to the turf at the golf course?

hey you think gas is expensive?
go price a gallon of milk!

Dont drink milk....and again no comparo because there are other forms of liquid to drink. No monopoly...

The difference is you only buy ONE liter/quart here an there. You go to fill up the gas tank and you buy 50 times that amount. Cars are a lot thirster than people...

I myself rarely buy water. Only in those situations when there's no other options. Like after going hours at a swap meet at the fairgrounds in 90 degree weather in July. THEN you'll see me pull out cash to buy a bottle. :)

-
Back