hmmm....scam?

-
Doesn't seem that way to me. Most medical employees work 10 or hour shifts and Hospitals run 24/7 rain or shine. Who knows how shot the car is.

I've seen Superbirds in much worse shape than that go into restoration.

hmmm someone will buy that WHOLE.

its not screaming scam.. ER workers do work crazy hours.. only one way to find out.. call and go see it..

i can see not wanting to restore it.. thats gonna be expensive to do.. let someone else worry about that..

if the owner does work long shifts...where would he find the time to part it out...where would he do that when he doesn't want to pay storage fees where it currently sits..as obviously he cant park it at his house?....

Then not worth the money/time to do a proper Resto. IMO.
There were rumors a number of years ago, some one had ordered a Superbird with a Slant Six and 4 speed trans. Now that would be worth restoring!

There were rumors a number of years ago, some one had ordered a Superbird with a Slant Six and 4 speed trans. Now that would be worth restoring!
I have actually seen a 69 Charger with a slanty under the hood. It was an SE/LE as well, loaded!

That looks like a wing car even I can afford to buy. Wonder what he wants for it...hmmm?

I'd clean it up & drive it proudly just like it is...:p :D

Here's the pics in case the ad disappears. I doubt it will last long...

00z0z_1LhpYoJSiCj_600x450.jpg

00808_g9RDwHtbsGF_600x450.jpg

Those are very sought after, if it's a real Superbird it will sell very, very fast unless the owner wants crazy money.

Was that nosecone made out of metal?
I thought they were fiberglass

And the fender stripes look off too

Still a nice beater

I posted a supervised on Craigslist here in Oklahoma several months ago. Called and talked to the guy. Was a real deal 'bird that was wrecked long ago and a road runner front end was put on it. Still had the wing and rear window plug. Interior was done up custom at some point and looked awful. He wanted $45k if I rememer correctly. It sold within a few days. Don't think it was a numers correct car and it was ROUGH. It needed some serious TLC.

Also, 440 was the standard engine in a superbird. 426 was optional. NEVER a 383 or slant 6. And the noses were in fact metal. I think the wings were metal also.

-
Back