Hockey game......

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Ernestina bought us tickets to go see the Spokane Chiefs this coming Wednesday. She has never been to a Hockey game, last one I went was 30 or so years ago. Looking forward to it.........

I go to Cincinnati Cyclones games when I can. I love it! It's some my grandson and I can do together, it keeps his attention pretty well and we both have a wonderful time.
Watch Slap Shot to get yourself pumped!

Ernestina bought us tickets to go see the Spokane Chiefs this coming Wednesday. She has never been to a Hockey game, last one I went was 30 or so years ago. Looking forward to it.........

I just watched my son play 4 games in Germany....... I love it!

I went to a Colombus Bluejackets game last month, it was my first NHL game and I am dying to go to another one. It's not like football though where the action stops every few seconds so keep your eyes on the ice or you could miss a great hit.

Spokane Chiefs is our inland NW team, pretty good and tough. will be a fun time and exciting game. have fun

Speaking of hockey, I think today is (was, now) the anniversary of the Miracle on Ice, when the American hockey team beat the Soviets in the 1980 Winter Olympics!

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong. The Americans beat the Russians on February 22nd. The Sports Illustrated issue came out on March 3rd. I knew there was something about that game that happened today!

the action is addictive....yes, I'm a hockey head too

college hockey still my favorite...seems they play every game like it is their last....not saving for anything (playoffs).

the smaller the arena...the more fun it is...ohhhhh too hear them crash the boards!!

BIG TIP... do NOT sit directly behind the players benches...unless you want to experience the full aroma of hockey.

My friends son Mac Engel tended goal for the Chiefs for last couple years but got traded to Prince George early this season. WHL is great hockey to watch since they play their hearts out, the boys still have big dreams and ambitions of going to the big show.
We have the Red Deer Rebels in the same league. Most of us Albertans are big hockey lovers, 2 NHL teams and several WHL. In Red Deer we are 90miles south of Edmonton and 90miles north of Calgary. Half the city cheers for the wrong team (Flames) and the rest of us cheer for the Oilers!! LOL

I have been to the Mennen Arena in NJ to watch a school mate goal tend. Was always right behind the glass. Never failed to have a great time. Looking forward to it.

Mine too, its been a while, need to watch it again...Im pretty sure its Canadian too. Hey Mark yer young lad plays in the German Pro league right?? Hows he doing??

Doing good.... leading the team in goal scoring! He really would love to come home and sign with an AHL team..............but, for him playing hockey for a living isnt all that bad no matter where it is....

Doing good.... leading the team in goal scoring! He really would love to come home and sign with an AHL team..............but, for him playing hockey for a living isnt all that bad no matter where it is....

Great news! Once he is tired of the European Puck Bunnies(if he ever does LOL) then tell him to come back...

Oilers will look great in a couple years, new coach needs firing, he has a bunch of good players looking like crap. Maybe loading them with too much new stuff.
Then theres Calgary, who are trying to give away all their picks. Hear about the boner almost made by Feaster? Almost the biggest one ever, trying to sign Ryan O'Reilly who would have had to go through waivers. He could have taken $2.5million signing bonus from Calgary on his way to the BlueJackets or whoever scooped him up...AND they would have lost 1st and 3rd round picks to Colorado. Feaster should be looking for a new job.

I go to the Lethbridge Hurricanes games when i can, great hockey for what you have to pay to get in.
I played hockey for a lot of years until my knee couldn't take it any more!
I've always been a hockey fan, it's in my blood!
Have a great time at the game, ink.
I will be watching Lethbridge play Red Deer on Wednesday here.

Chiefs hockey is awesome. Very close to pro level. It always amazes me when I see the players without their gear, they're these young kids but man can they play.

It was always my dream to play pro but never got the chance. I still play beer league and still havin a blast. Three teeth knocked out in January was not so much fun but in true Canadian form I spit them out and never missed a shift :)

So nice we got a rink again this year. After the roof collapsed about four years ago we had to play in north Spokane, getting home about 1 am. Bleary eyed the next day, but just can't quit.

Chiefs hockey is awesome. Very close to pro level. It always amazes me when I see the players without their gear, they're these young kids but man can they play.

It was always my dream to play pro but never got the chance. I still play beer league and still havin a blast. Three teeth knocked out in January was not so much fun but in true Canadian form I spit them out and never missed a shift :)

So nice we got a rink again this year. After the roof collapsed about four years ago we had to play in north Spokane, getting home about 1 am. Bleary eyed the next day, but just can't quit.

Where do you play at now?? Got a schedule of any sorts???

We play at Frontier Arena in Post Falls. Admission is free and there's a reason. We are boring to watch compared to the Chiefs, just a bunch of hacks. There are usually about six fans (wives) :D
No fights but occaisionally some blood from an errant stick or puck. :eye:

Here's our schedule:

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/default.asp?u=NIAHL&t=c&s=hockey&p=schedule&format=Calendar

We are OFG (Old Fat Guys). I'm the oldest, but not fat (yet).

If you decide to come out let me know I'd like to meet you.

Attachments

• jersey.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 71
We will take a look at the schedule and see when we can make it. Will let you know....

-
Back