Hole in the frame

-

Black 69 Dart

Reaction score
I new this was there but thought it was a factory hole for something, now not so sure. It's on the passenger front frame rail. Does anyone know if this belongs there??

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 279
That's not factory. Lol.

Looks like they might have tried to get to the factory k member nut. See if that bolt will come out, pass rear that is. Maybe they gave up or did fix it.

Good luck

It looks like a factory hole because it looks pressed in not drilled. Not sure what it's for though. Might be an alignment hole the factory used. JMO

I suspect foul play from a previous owner. That doesn't look factory to me especially with the bent body seam right next to it. I'd weld in a 14 guage patch and call it good since from what I see it looks solid.

My guess is the po cut a hole to access the captured nut for the k member bolt because it spun. It's happened to me before and had the weld the nut then weld the access back up.

Not an access hole as there is a plate that goes across the inside the frame rail. The shape and smoothness of the hole is what has me confused. I have never seen before in another car cut appears to be a punched hole.

Are the welds around that rail consistent with the other side? Just taking a wild guess that it could have been replaced with another factory or aftermarket rail at some point that had that hole for some reason. I agree it looks punched. I googled for pics of engine compartments but didn't turn up anything useful.

Does not look like the rail has been replaced, but it could have been at some point. I have also looked for pictures and have come up empty.

My guess is the po cut a hole to access the captured nut for the k member bolt because it spun. It's happened to me before and had the weld the nut then weld the access back up.

I agree if you look closely at the oblong hole on the inside of the rail you can see where someone used a holesaw to start the hole and looks like they hit the inside brace and stopped. the round hole on the outside of the rail is factory the oblong hole has been cut out by some PO

Didn't they run the brake line thru the frame? My 67 runs under the frame but I think the late 69 and later went thru the frame.

Didn't they run the brake line thru the frame? My 67 runs under the frame but I think the late 69 and later went thru the frame.

God question, my brake line comes across the k-frame and loops up and around then under the frame to the clip that holds it and attaches to the rubber line.

-
Back