holley 1920 choke thermostat

-

duster225

Reaction score
i had bought a new holley 1920 carb and was woundering when the engine is cold is the choke meant to be open or close? Also if you know what type of choke thermostat i need for my car?

thanks.

There should be a thermostatic spring/housing on the carb already. Right side behind the fuel bowl. Just Google Holley 1920 carburetor and you can get a parts list and detailed diagram.

You can either buy an original choke thermostat with the mechanical spring inside of it or you can buy an electric choke pull off.

The only downside to an original choke thermostat is that they aren't adjustable. It could keep your choke on for an extra 5 minutes which wastes your gas. I opted for the electric on mine. It doesn't look as clean or original, but it's adjustable and allows me to pull the choke off as quickly as possible. The weather is mild on our side of the country and we only need the choke to be on for a minute or two.

If you want an original type, I might have one in my garage that you can have for free if you're ever in the Sacramento area.

You can either buy an original choke thermostat with the mechanical spring inside of it or you can buy an electric choke pull off.

The only downside to an original choke thermostat is that they aren't adjustable. It could keep your choke on for an extra 5 minutes which wastes your gas. I opted for the electric on mine. It doesn't look as clean or original, but it's adjustable and allows me to pull the choke off as quickly as possible. The weather is mild on our side of the country and we only need the choke to be on for a minute or two.

If you want an original type, I might have one in my garage that you can have for free if you're ever in the Sacramento area.
IF you still have the original type choke therm, I'll buy it!!

-
Back