Holley accelerator tube vs regulator squirter

-

tekslk

Reaction score
Im playing around with diffrent squirters and just wondered whats better the tube type or regular type and what the main diffrence?

A while back, I read somewhere that the tube type squirters provide a little better atomization of the accellerator pump squirt by helping keep the stream more solid before it hits the booster and spatters. Kinda like the adjustable nozzles on a garden hose set on a narrower stream.

The regular type allows the airflow through the venturi to start tearing it apart before it hits. Because the stream isn't as "solid", it doesn't spatter/atomize as well when it finally does hit the booster.

The tube type is suppose to provide a very slight and very brief torque increase over the standard squirters because of the better atomizaion.

However, you can probably get better performance by fine-tuning the squirter size and pump cams so the brief accellerator pump action isn't too rich/lean and/or too short/long in duration. Once you get the squirter sizes and pump cam sizes/settings figured out, it might be worth getting the corresponding (but more expensive) tube-type squirters.

Squirter size and pump cams for 60' and jetting for MPH.
You may have to go back & forth several times to find the best #'s a both ends.

Gotta do EVERYTHING else EXACTLY the same way and watch the weather (temps/humidity/ wind, etc. as well as rpms, water temp,traction etc.) in order to get valid results from any changes you make.

The reason they exist, as I understand it, is that the short ones tended to dribble fuel at high vacuum, meaning WOT at high rpm. Personally, I like them for the reason Loco said... I think they "spray" better and it should be better distributed in the air stream if it's sprayed closer to the center of the air stream...lol

The reason they exist, as I understand it, is that the short ones tended to dribble fuel at high vacuum, meaning WOT at high rpm. Personally, I like them for the reason Loco said... I think they "spray" better and it should be better distributed in the air stream if it's sprayed closer to the center of the air stream...lol
Anybody else have anything to say I am truing to educate myself.

I had to fit a kit with a spring to stop the squirter nozzles on a two barrel holley from dribbling. I read a book which said some racers will lighten the check needle so that this happens intentionally to get a bit of extra fueling.

If you can feel the diff between the 2...you're one sensitive dude.lol

They made anti pull over shooters that have open slots on each side of the orifices.

The non tube will let fuel run down the side of the venturi/shooter body while the tubed type hangs the outlet out into/close to the venturi/booster where it should be.

Heres a pic of the anti pull over.

Attachments

• medium121-231v2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 325
  • nozzles001.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 343
and you can get them in difftent sizes in cc. i perfer down legger ones will give you a little better throttle responce and gets rid of hickup some times.

there is no vacuum @ WOT unless your carb is to small.... with the blades open there is no differential in pressure on either side of the throttle blades, i.e. no vacuum

um i could be wrong but i think you get maxum vacume at wot do you not on every engin or have i been wrong all theys years????

Yes, there is. It's just not what you're thinking. There's a pressure differential between the atmospheric pressure in the fuel bowl (and accelerator pump fuel source) and the air going past the squirtor nozzle. It's not engine vacuum as you might normally think of it, but there is a difference, and the fuel in the circuit is higher than the airstream going thru. It's the same "vacuum" that opens the secondaries in a vacuum secondary carb.
In regard to vacuum at WOT... In fact, many engines do pull vacuum below the throttle blades at WOT.

That is true, it's why 2 barrel carbs are rated at 4" vacuum and 4 barrels are rated at 1.5" vacuum. If there wasn't any vacuum the air wouldn't move at all in a naturally aspirated engine. But as Moper said it would be more accurately described as a pressure differential.

I couldnt find one of those anti pull over nozzles when I was having my problems. And I strtched the spring in my kit a tiny bit too far, which gave me a flat spot sometimes. BUt I spaced the squirted up a bit higher so that there was less pressure keeping the needle seated.

Yes, there is. It's just not what you're thinking. There's a pressure differential between the atmospheric pressure in the fuel bowl (and accelerator pump fuel source) and the air going past the squirtor nozzle. It's not engine vacuum as you might normally think of it, but there is a difference, and the fuel in the circuit is higher than the airstream going thru. It's the same "vacuum" that opens the secondaries in a vacuum secondary carb.
In regard to vacuum at WOT... In fact, many engines do pull vacuum below the throttle blades at WOT.

Thankssssssssssssss.

-
Back