Holley Carb & Fuel line question...

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I bought a Summit Dual fuel line, and I told them it was for a Holley Street Avenger. So they sent it to me, BUT it doesn't fit!

Am I suppose to take off the brass (I think?) fittings that are on the carb and bolt the line on that way?

I did take off the fittings on the carb, and what appears to be a filter and a spring came out. I just put the filter and spring in place and the fuel line fit right on that way... Is that o.k? Or am I suppose to leave the fitting on there, and find a fuel line that actually fits the fittings???

I hope you understand?

Picture without fittings on carb. Also is that fuel pressure gauge on right?
It seems that it screws in so far it might not get fuel??

Thanks!

DSC01255.JPG

So I don't need those brass fittings then? Just shove the filter back in there and screw in the line? It just seems odd.

They are made to fit in the stock locations and replace the stock parts with the filters installed.

Why is there gas inlets on the other side too? Do you leave those open or should they be capped?

Sorry, I wish I knew more about carbs, but I don't :(

Thanks!

those are there if you want a recirculating fuel system.
It shouldn't be drilled and tapped.. unless somebody
already did that.

No, no one drill or tapped it, it' new. I just wondered if it should be capped? I didn't know if I left it as is if it would be drawing in air from the outside?

Also, about the fuel pressure gauge. Like I say, it screws in pretty far. Is that going to restrict gas? Should I use some of that white tape stuff to seal better?

Thanks!

Get it running….. If it leaks it needs some work….. If it doesn’t, it’s fine. I personally do not like the fuel filters that are at the carb. I would remove them (if you can) and use a quality inline filter. Never use one of those glass and chrome filters.

You don’t need to worry about the other side of the carb….. Those holes are only semi finished and totally sealed.

The filters in the carb itself, are just like sponges, really.
I also Have a outside filter. It is one of those aluminum Summit filters. Should I not use that, and get one of those nifty see though Fram ones? I always kind of wondered that, because at least with those Fram ones, you can see if theirs gas coming up the line or not.

-
Back