-
Status
Not open for further replies.

TallCool1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I figured I might as well dream big and would like to have a Holley Pro Dominator W2 intake manifold. After all, Bob Glidden said they were great out of the box.
After taking some time to think about it, I've decided to wait until next year when the small block mopar Edelbrock Victor heads become available again. The Edelbrock Victor heads seem to have alot of potential.

Last edited:
Like this ? NOS

AE080E7B-6954-41EB-80CA-4C94EB43C3BD.jpeg

EBBE5265-FD28-4CE3-89D5-5155F70B64F1.jpeg

That's it. Wish I would have seen Glidden running it in his Plymouth Arrow. It's too bad Chrysler filed for bankruptcy. Who knows how many pro stock championships they could of had.

Is that the oval port intake? Kim
The W2's were the oval ports. Back in 1978-1979, Chrysler hired Bob Glidden away from Ford. Glidden's Plymouth Arrow was running in the mid 8 second range by the end of 1979.

Yes .. oval port W2 Holley Pro Dominator. They were available for small / big block Chevy and Mopar W2s
p

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here but many many yrs ago, hell decades ago I went to Mancini's shop in Detroit, (original one) and bought (no less lol by mistake) Race prepped heads, instead of the econo heads and still have them Never used, not even bolted on to an engine to check specs etc.. All these yrs later,. W5,8,9 etc and they still are for small blocks and for mopars.
Never heard of Chevy W2 heads for Chevy....am I that far beyond with technology ?
Thanks.

p

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here but many many yrs ago, hell decades ago I went to Mancini's shop in Detroit, (original one) and bought (no less lol by mistake) Race prepped heads, instead of the econo heads and still have them Never used, not even bolted on to an engine to check specs etc.. All these yrs later,. W5,8,9 etc and they still are for small blocks and for mopars.
Never heard of Chevy W2 heads for Chevy....am I that far beyond with technology ?
Thanks.

No ... Holley made Pro Dominator intakes for Mopar W2 ,Chevy BB and Chevy SB .

Glidden W2 heads....
They were mildly modified, as well as the intake manifold.

Glidden engine 5.jpg

Glidden W2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide which route to go. It's between a W2 built motor or wait a year for Edelbrock Victor mopar small block. Either choice isn't bad.

What is the Victor heads intake bolt spacing?

OOTB, it’s a smokin good head.

And a good chance those head castings weren't out of any old box at the time.

Many times THE flagship premier team got select castings or special castings. I have DC Memo's that talk about Petty castings and "good" casting "W-2" heads.

And I am sure they got bare unmachined castings so they could place pushrods etc anywhere they needed .

You can see from the picture, the W2 heads were sold with the pedestals machined down and you had to use blocks. The econo W2 heads have the cast rocker arm pedestals on them.

That's amazing. The Arrow was light but running mid 8 second passes is amazing. Bob and his family definitely knew their stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back