Holley Strip Dominator

-

jtkaaa07

BossMan
Reaction score
Just getting some of my parts together for a new motor in my dart. Just wondering who has used one of these intakes and if they liked it for street use. I had a buddy run one in the 80’s and His duster was a beast with this intake, so I thought I’d try it out.

F8CED583-FA86-4A4C-9FB2-AF68AEE2170F.jpeg

D9555C39-DA39-41E8-838E-5ABEDDD68459.jpeg

I made 550 hp with one on my 427 BBC. Great intake, if you have a cam at .245/.255 @.050 and a 4000 stall converter with 4.56 gears.

I ran that intake on my Dart Sport 360. But it was race only with a lot of gear, converter and cam duration.

Thinking quite a bit of cam, I’m running 3.91 gears so that shouldn’t be an issue. Should be 4 gear by then too, no more automatic for this guy

I picked this one up for a song, so I’m not out much if I’m not happy. The guy had a LD 340 aluminum intake too, I’m still working on getting that one.

Well, it is a race oriented intake. So be prepared for cruddy low rpm driving. If your going to have a decent cam in there with your 3.91’s, your going to need a decent stall converter to go with it like Fisher was saying.

You didn’t mention what cam you want to run or the engine displacement.

The MP - M1 is an upgraded version of that intake with a spreadbore carb pad for the TQ. I’ve run that.

408 on the cubic inch side, haven’t decided on cam yet, I guess I’m up for suggestions on that too. Was going to talk to engine builder and see what he thought on cam maybe too

With a 4 speed and 3.91s behind a 408 and a 4 speed, you should be thinking about a large solid roller.

Or a large solid at the least. Though a little pricey, I like the roller idea better.

What heads are on top?

It will be fine and even if its not perfect for your particular combination a 408 has enough cubes to overcome whatever loss of torque you may experience compared to a dualplane anyway.

-
Back