Holly crap, my engine is in!

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
I haven't driven the car for years and I have been very lazy, but the original 340, along with it's 4 speed are back in it's home.

The engine has been rebuilt and on a stand for months. Sure feels good.

I got everything done underneath. Next will be some more detailing, bolting down the intake and such, hooking up wires....

DSCN0068.jpg

DSCN0069.jpg

DSCN0070.jpg

DSCN0071.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

DSCN0074.jpg

Very nice and well worth the wait, congratulations on getting it back in you barracuda.

Looks good!, Did you decide to keep it?

Looks sweet,340s! I thought it was running all this time.

I see some roller lifters in there. This looks serious!

Looks good!, Did you decide to keep it?

No, I still plan on selling it. I want something different.

But all that may change if I get the chance to stick the key in it and leave 2 black marks all the way down the street.

If someone is interested, they better get some cash in my hand before I get this thing running. lol

yah but you can pick up a set of headers on here for under 3 if yah wanted too easier than finding early a bodies

SHARP LOOKING RIDE LOOKS CLEAN

yah but you can pick up a set of headers on here for under 3 if yah wanted too easier than finding early a bodies

SHARP LOOKING RIDE LOOKS CLEAN
why would you want to screw that up with headers?

looking great man and so do your manifolds, and bet it will run like a scalded cat :prayer:

Damn that is one sweet car! That 340 sure does look sweet sitting between those frame rails!

Well golly, if it takes you as long to do the little things.... :D
Just kidding, it looks awesome.

looking good.... stay off the PC for a week and you could have it finished in no time! LOL

You have done some serious work on your engine. By the way the engine and the engine compartment look this is excellent work. Congrats.

why would you want to screw that up with headers?

looking great man and so do your manifolds, and bet it will run like a scalded cat :prayer:

roller cam might be a bit much for the restrictive manifolds.....

roller cam might be a bit much for the restrictive manifolds.....

I replaced a solid roller with a solid roller and yes, the car was much faster when it had headers on it.

With hooker super comps, slicks and 3" exhaust the car ran an 11.78 @ 118mph.

With the only changes being HP manifolds, 2.5" TTI exhaust and re-pop E70-14s, the car dropped to a 13.2 @ 105mph. (That was one outing at the track and my times were horribly inconsistent. Launching on the E70-14s with a 4 speed isn't easy.)

it all looks great but the heads are on backwards!!! lol...just kidding!! very nice job!!!

-
Back