Holy Crap vintage Thrush!!!!

-
Boy, someone must want them real bad.

$400 +

Not in my future, that's for sure. :-D

And you can see the original price tag. $15.44 each :-D

There has to be a warehouse full of these that never sold. Looks like I should find them and sell them on ebay holy crap what a profit margin. I must have run these on atleast a half dozen cars when I was a youngster never thought they would be collectors items one day

Just to be clear, "I was there, then." Thrush mufflers were junk. I used to run GENUINE (Maremont or Walker) Corvair Turbo mufflers before every dick and harry "cloned" them. A friend of mine proudly came by with his Thrush which he'd bought for ?? less than mine. I went back and got a Maremont out of stock, took one of his, and held it out at arm's length with the palm of my right hand. Then I handed him the Maremont and said, "Let's see YOU do that"

Hold on..... let me get my ear plugs........... OK fire it up!

They would look good however sitting around in the garage just for looks.

had those on my 66 mustang back in the day, hated them! way to loud, wouldn't pay $4 for them

We used to run those bolted onto our headers with NUTHIN else. Sounded cool like that.

I had a pair of those years ago on my 383 powered '68 Polara . I always thought it was one of the best sounding cars I ever owned. I always wanted another pair to put on one of my projects but at that price I'll settle for a $40 pair of Cherry Bombs.
Dallas

Thay were built cheap as hell, mine never lasted for about a year, if that, those end lips would catch and drag on about anything you ran over.. But, I still think those were the best sounding mufflers ever made... This is a good thing these vintage parts are making a come back, that means thay might start making the cool stuff again just like MOON started reproducing the metal flake steering wheels after all the old ones started selling for 100 to $200 a piece on ebay.. This gives me hope that COOL is making a come back... I wrote Thrush more than one letter raising hell when thay stopped making these back in the day, MAYBE THAY SHOULD HAVE LISTENED...

In the late 70s used to do what was called short duals on most anything fo $89.99 using these mufflers.We had shelves full of them.If I would have known

Never liked or used Thrush because Smittys were used back then and way before Thrush. Smittys are still available today and are still reasonably priced unlike the SuperTrapps I have on my Signet

601.99! Thats just stupid! Those where junk back in the day, legal straight pipes! You could hear guys rack off them 2 miles away! I cannot beleive someone paid that for those, more money than sense!

They were all i used loved the sound but as said they were not worth crap they rusted out in 6 to 8 months or less on a car you only drove once and awile.I can't beleve some one paid 601 for them, my son said the seller is a genius i say he's lucky.

My first Dart had Blackjack headers and Thrush header mufflers. I had the pipes hanging out in front of the back tires and could unbolt them for just headers and mufflers. Loud as hell and got me a few more tickets than I probably deserved.

I hated them too quiet and they rusted out also, but they wern't expensive i don't beleve.I put them on a few friends cars that did not want the tickets i got with my regular thrush muffs.

Over all thay were the perfect muffler, most of us broke teenagers could afford them, thay sounded wicked cool, I was going through big block b-bodys like there was no tomorrow.. "GOOD TIMES"!!!! All those tickets were worth it, I got ran out of quiet a few towns by the law on weekends...

-
Back