Homemade chin spoiler looking for some feed back please.

-

Frodee

Off center a bit
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Made a plug then a mold and my first one is on my car. Thinking I'll sell a few and looking for some opinions on what they would be worth.
Made out of fiberglass using a good quality woven cloth and Polyester resin. They are strong and the first 3 I used bedliner on for protection from rock chips.
This is my 2nd design and the first one I had held up real well after 9,000 miles it is still in good shape.

IMG_20231125_160313984 (2).jpg

IMG_20231125_160332356 (1).jpg

IMG_20231220_090015020.jpg

Maybe some pictures a little further away? Looks pretty cool from what I can tell.

How does it attach?

Maybe some pictures a little further away? Looks pretty cool from what I can tell.

How does it attach?
It attaches behind the bumper to the bumper brackets and 3 steel brackets to secure the bottom.
From the bottom of the bumper to the bottom of the spoiler is 4 inches.

IMG_20231217_111640339 (1).jpg

Were you the guy who was making them before a Year ago?

Well done Fred, looks awesome! Some people on here don't realize your previous work/signon so throw some examples up(plane/car etc).
Your quality of work looks like a perfectionist!
$300???

I think that $300 price range is where you want to be. That's a nice hand built piece!

Well done Fred, looks awesome! Some people on here don't realize your previous work/signon so throw some examples up(plane/car etc).
$300???
$300???
Thanks I try to do quality work and yes thinking $300 without the brackets and brackets are easy to make.

Thanks I just made another one today and sold 2 so far. Enjoy making them and gives this old fart something to do.
If you want to seriously sell them, start a sale thread and take orders.

$300???
Center console I built with fiberglass.

IMG_20220117_162803053_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211107_155138694_HDR.jpg

Are these cast parts layed up with fiberglass cloth?

Some people(you) have an amazing talent! Were born to make "things".
Might sound silly but put some better lighting for pics of the chin spoiler for the ad.
I would also sell complete with brackets. :thumbsup:
Thanks Steve. I'm not real good taking pictures but will set the car on the ground and get some better pictures.
Thanks for the feedback.

Are these cast parts layed up with fiberglass cloth?
Hand laid with fiberglass woven cloth. The design was hand built from a plug to a mold to the spoiler. My design not a reproduction of someone else. I'm not a company just an old guy in my garage having fun.

I am very impressed by your work and attention to detail. Those pieces appear to be very well designed and built. If you are making a few bucks at $300.00 each that's decent, but you can't work for free.
I think it looks great but I no longer have a Dart, mine was a 75 so it may not have fit.

I am very impressed by your work and attention to detail. Those pieces appear to be very well designed and built. If you are making a few bucks at $300.00 each that's decent, but you can't work for free.
I think it looks great but I no longer have a Dart, mine was a 75 so it may not have fit.
Not making much Randy Just enough if I can sell one a week I can stop working in the body shop. I'm tired of working on new cars. Just trying to retire completely and stay home. Thanks for your feedback.

-
Back