Homemade kick panels

-

scottylack

Reaction score
Lost my kick panels in Hurricane Sandy so decided yo make my own kick panels...used some 1/8 board and cut out shape ...shape provided by member here...
Bought some 1 inch speaker extensions to house my slim profile speakers...
Glues them in with epoxy and added quick set gel epoxy to build up around around where speaker extension and board meet....sanded it smooth after that and primed it all
Next I used some of that textured stone finish from Home Depot to get some nice texture to it. After that dried I hit it with some truck bedding liner for a nice semi gloss finish thats tough....!

Attachments

• photo(36).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 366
if I wanted to spend a week on it I was going to fiberglass... but these are good enough... there is a nice textured finish and some transition from extension to the board...thanks!

Two thumbs up on those. Really enjoy the ideas guys here on the site come up with using a little imagination and elbow grease.:thumblef::thumblef:

Nice. Any pics of them in place?

Had them in today...for a test...but will have them permanently by end of the week...waiting on my speakers to show up...they are low profile so shouldnt have any issues....

Just wondering if you are putting any type of sound deadening stuff behind the kick panels?

Dude, so nice! Great job.love them.

willing to share the template shape you got from another member? I a wanting to make my own as well. this would shave hours off of a scratch build.

2 thumbs up Scotty, Perfect look...you nailed it :cheers:

-
Back