Honda seats fit Dart?

-

Woodsman341

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm at my local pull a part and happened to see some very nice bucket seats in a 2010 Honda Accord. Does anyone know if they'll fit in my '75 Dart Sport before I get them?

Thanks!

Hey folks,

I'm at my local pull a part and happened to see some very nice bucket seats in a 2010 Honda Accord. Does anyone know if they'll fit in my '75 Dart Sport before I get them?

Thanks!
Just about any seat can be made to fit. It won't be a direct fit but it will fit. Heck, the 70 Dart I bought was an original bench seat car and it came with 6 way power (working) bucket seats out of a Cadillac bolted in. lol

Just about any seat can be made to fit. It won't be a direct fit but it will fit. Heck, the 70 Dart I bought was an original bench seat car and it came with 6 way power (working) bucket seats out of a Cadillac bolted in. lol

Oh, I know with enough work most will fit unless they are too wide. I think 18" track on the passenger is the limit, and here I am without a tape measure. :(

Not sure if they will fit, but I hope they’re more comfortable than the seats in the 2022 accord rental I just had. They looked nice but we’re not comfortable at all.

Updating my own question. :)

They MIGHT have fit, and frankly were very comfortable and that's saying something because my spinal fusion makes me picky; however, I found some very nice, comfortable Mini Cooper seats that have a more similar tapered shape like the old Dodge buckets I had, and they had one big advantage over the Honda seats - they flipped forward and slid up on their own. The Honda seats flip up but then you have to reach down and manually slide the seat forward. That seems like a really weird design for modern car. Anyway, I'm headed home with my Mini Cooper seats and I'll go from there.

As always thanks for the input!

Try some BMW seats.
One of the cars I service has a pair, don't know which model, they may be the most comfy seat I've sat in.
Thinking of getting one to make into a recliner, retire this one, - use the base .

Last edited:
Try some BMW seats.
One of the cars I service had a pair, don't know which model, they may be the most comfy seat I've sat in.
Thinking of getting one to make into a recliner, retire this one, - use the base .

The junk yard has six BMWs, very nice seats, but every single one of them was missing the driver's seat. I have to admit, I wasn't sure the Mini would have comfortable seats, but I figured they are a BMW derivative so it wouldn't hurt to try them. Only two Minis in the yard, one missing all its seats, so after trying all the Mustangs, Sebrings, Dakotas, Hondas and Volkswagens, I gave the Cooper seats a try. Glad I did. Great condition, comfy, and according to the Internet, plenty of seat upholstery kits and less expensive seat covers if i don't want to have an upholstery shop handle it. I may go back for the seatbelts, see if I can make them work in the Dart. Mine are in rough shape.

The junk yard has six BMWs, very nice seats, but every single one of them was missing the driver's seat. I have to admit, I wasn't sure the Mini would have comfortable seats, but I figured they are a BMW derivative so it wouldn't hurt to try them. Only two Minis in the yard, one missing all its seats, so after trying all the Mustangs, Sebrings, Dakotas, Hondas and Volkswagens, I gave the Cooper seats a try. Glad I did. Great condition, comfy, and according to the Internet, plenty of seat upholstery kits and less expensive seat covers if i don't want to have an upholstery shop handle it. I may go back for the seatbelts, see if I can make them work in the Dart. Mine are in rough shape.

Very smart, very nice .
Post a pic when done.
Cheers

you beat me to it, i was gonna say mini seats. the yards are rife with them, most are manual and they have decent controls as well as adjustable lumbar. they're also super light.

they're getting harder to find, but convertible sebring seats work well and have an integral shoulder belt if you're into that sort of thing.

bmw, audi and volvo seats are nice but most of them are power.

you beat me to it, i was gonna say mini seats. the yards are rife with them, most are manual and they have decent controls as well as adjustable lumbar. they're also super light.

they're getting harder to find, but convertible sebring seats work well and have an integral shoulder belt if you're into that sort of thing.

bmw, audi and volvo seats are nice but most of them are power.

Well unfortunately the seats I got don't have the built in lumbar support, which I was really looking for, but there really aren't a lot to choose from here. That doesn't mean I won't keep looking, just in case, but these were too good to pass up. In fact, someone else had the same idea - I was there Sunday and saw them, moved them back and forth, checked out what kind of mounting bolts were in the tracks. Went back today (Tuesday) and someone had started taking them out but somehow managed to get the rear bolt on each side wedged under the track and then couldn't get to the front bolts to get them out. My giant screwdriver came out and I liberated them. All mine... unless some better ones pop up and I'll sell these off for what I paid.

-
Back