hood release

-

hemitheus

19? Plymouth Scampenstein
Reaction score
this is going to sound insane... but can someone post up with pics on how to release the hood on a 64 valiant (presume cuda is the same)

Not sure about the Early A's, but I just had someone pull the hood release cable while I was under the front of the car. I saw the latch moving a bit, so I just push it, and that's how I got mined open.

Don't have a picture. Not sure if the Valiant emblem looked the same in 64 as it did in 65. On my 64 Barracuda you stick your finger into a slot under the front of the emblem on the front of the hood. There is a little lever there that you pull down with your finger. This releases the primary latch. Then you lift the hood a couple of inches, reach in & move over the safety latch to open the hood the rest of the way.

Don't feel too bad. I've seen quite a few people who couldn't figure it out.

ok i dont have a good pic so hereis wht i can tell ya its not the same a cuda or a 65 the main release is under the hood lipits like a big rod with a bend in it pull down and over to the passger side then as he said pull up on the hood a bit and the undo the safty lach it will go to the driver side FELL FOR THE ROD man u will get it good luck let me know if u have any more ?s the only stuped one is the one udidnt ask lol later

Don't have a picture. Not sure if the Valiant emblem looked the same in 64 as it did in 65. On my 64 Barracuda you stick your finger into a slot under the front of the emblem on the front of the hood. There is a little lever there that you pull down with your finger. This releases the primary latch. Then you lift the hood a couple of inches, reach in & move over the safety latch to open the hood the rest of the way.

Don't feel too bad. I've seen quite a few people who couldn't figure it out.

This is correct. Ma Mopar hid it from us pretty good on these.

I feel much less like an Idiot. Thank you guys. NOTHING like the duster at all.

That is why the C/P dealership that I worked at ordered all their cars with an inside hood release.

Check out the picture below. Slide the rod in the center of the picture to the left, then when the hood pops, slide the safety to the right.

Attachments

• 0409111838.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 142
I just left the junk yard the other day, and there were some 64/5 Valiants there. Those had the first latch BUILT INTO the underside of the hood emblem. Little bitty lever under there.

-
Back