Hood Scoop

-

Mopar85

Reaction score
Should I keep this hood scoop or go to a cowl hood? I have to have a scoop on it because the air cleaner sits inside of the lower section of my current scoop.

Attachments

• 2011-08-23_19-00-14_631.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 425
I like it as well. I had one on an 72 duster and it sloped down on the front i have not seen one like it again. I would have to take the hood off to race because it would bow up so bad i was afraid it would snap off. cheap hood i guess.

A cowl induction on a Mopar says GM or newer Mustang, I really don't like them. I always say, if it's your car and you think it's cool it's ok with me.

Mopar spent alot of dough back in the day designing the scoops and for the time were the best design and function . Just look at the pro stocks of yester - day . I vote KEEP IT !

I like the scoop. I wanted the old Pro Stock look.

Fred B

Attachments

• 1167956915_car.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 275
Where did you find the scoop? I need to put a new one on because mine is starting to crack.

The hood is fiberglass with the scoop. I bought it in '93 when I was putting the car together. I bought it from Unlimited Products. I heard there quality has gone downhill. But if you want just the scoop here is a link to it. www.up22.com/scoopw3.htm#PR-45

Fred B

a few reasons to keep it

Attachments

• ad3.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 199
  • ad2.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 206
  • ad10.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 219
  • ad51.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 188
  • p41.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 162
  • p40.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 188
  • uv20.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 176
Should I keep this hood scoop or go to a cowl hood? I have to have a scoop on it because the air cleaner sits inside of the lower section of my current scoop.

If you decide you want to sell it, let me know!

I like it as well. I had one on an 72 duster and it sloped down on the front i have not seen one like it again. I would have to take the hood off to race because it would bow up so bad i was afraid it would snap off. cheap hood i guess.

sounds like not enough pins... need at least three in the front and then two more down each side... sometimes even one behind the scoop...

-
Back