-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie B

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Hooker Header part# 5303 small block, super competition headers with adjustable tubes. good used cond. 450 plus shipping from 11746.

Attachments

• 104.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 476
  • 105.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 446
  • 108.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 430
  • 106.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 438
I agree what are adjustable tubes and is the collector a flanged collector to bolt exhaust up to it or is it open collector.

the collector slips onto the 4 individual tubes...and tabs are welded on to keep the collector from sliding off....LOL

there is no flange on the header collector to bolt on to the exhaust....but one can be welded on ....

they are racing headers...

I got a set and was surprised how much effort was put into the design to get the tubes to fit with their length, great header, and huge money new. Slip fit collector and individual tubes makes install pretty easy. Good luck.

At the collector, how big is it?

2-1/2 inchs or 3 inchs.

I had a old school mechanic that raced small blocks for many years. A real old back in the day racer. He ran the smaller sized super comp in his A body Cuda to some crazy quick times with a 273. (low 11's in the 1/4. And that was really freakin quick for the 70's)

The collectors are 3 inch, and I have slip on reducers for a 2 1/2 inch exhaust.
They will not work with power steering, I had to change over to manual steering for these headers.
I don't race the car anymore, and installed smaller tubes and put back the power steering. The car did run alot better with the larger tubes.
Ernie

PM sent Ernie, would also like to see a picture of the ports, if you have one. Thanks!!

does anyone know if they make a slip on collector with the exhaust flange welded on. I would the the collector flange would be kinda thin to weld on. could you get a ship cost to 91768 business address.

68Dart, I got the slip on flanged collectors, would trade if you bought these. Im in So. Cal too. Mine are kinda scraped on the bottom but still seat, will send pics if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back