Hoosier Garage and 318willrun - should be fun!

What ya think?

• I love these types of races.... something different!

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Must be fast cars or I'm not interested.

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
-
Sept 29 is coming fast! I can't wait to meet Adam in person. A great mopar guy that pulls them from the weeds and puts them on the road - paint and all! IF you haven't yet, go check out his channel!

His 1972 Dodge shorty van will be going head to head in the 1/8 mile with the 318willrun '77 shorty van (not the Van Of War... LOL). We are looking forward to it. This is all in fun, and will happen soon providing life doesn't interfere for either of us.

His beautiful '72
View attachment 1715964864
View attachment 1715964865

Our... let's say "practical" '77 :D
View attachment 1715964871
Clearly you need to add some go fast stickers, likely cut two to three seconds off your 60 ft!

I like special interest cars at the racetrack myself... Besides Northwest dart coming down from Canada and taking a couple pictures of his car this is the only one that really caught my eye... Actually there's a couple others but this is the one that I took the pictures of. The others I have pictures of from previous years....
PXL_20220717_170428373.jpg
PXL_20220717_170441791.jpg

If you look real closely on the upper left of that first picture there's a pretty cool truck lol...

I like special interest cars at the racetrack myself... Besides Northwest dart coming down from Canada and taking a couple pictures of his car this is the only one that really caught my eye... Actually there's a couple others but this is the one that I took the pictures of. The others I have pictures of from previous years....
View attachment 1715965498 View attachment 1715965496
If you look real closely on the upper left of that first picture there's a pretty cool truck lol...

Gremlins (Grimmies) are NOW rated as just plain cool!!!!! Go figure!!!!?

ALL i know is I'm darn glad you guys aren't trying to build a wheel standing VAN!!! I RoadKill freid burger and his illigita"mate" brother!!!:poke::realcrazy::popcorn:

Gremlins (Grimmies) are NOW rated as just plain cool!!!!! Go figure!!!!?
It's amazing what time does. In the 80's I wouldn't look at a Gremlin. Now I'd like to have one. Same with the Cordoba's/Magnums. Now I own a Magnum. I guess it's one thing when you see them everywhere, and you can buy nice ones for 800 bucks. Then they disappear hardly to be seen, then suddenly ya realize....... hey! them things are pretty cool!!!!

I raced a Slant 6 and participated in Inline and Flathead races for years. Yes it is fun to go slow.
Couple of races that jump out in my head.... My '63 Fairlane with a 170 3-on-the-tree against my brother's '78 Volare super six wagon. With the clutch I jumped him out of the whole... but he crept back into it and just before the finish line took the lead. Another was my '66 Buick Special 225 C.I. V6 3-on-the-tree vs another brother's '73 Impala 350 2bbl. I jumped out in front putting his front bumper on my rear door and kept it there the entire way. Slow?? Yes!! Fun?? An absolute Blast!!!

Personally I'm not interested in cars faster than 8.50 second quarter mile. Anything else is cool, just not too slow. If a Jr dragster can beat it, keep it in the parking lot lol.
No offense

Personally I'm not interested in cars faster than 8.50 second quarter mile. Anything else is cool, just not too slow. If a Jr dragster can beat it, keep it in the parking lot lol.
No offense
So not too fast.... but not too slow. Keep it just right... lol (I couldn't help think of the 3 little bears)
:thumbsup:

So not too fast.... but not too slow. Keep it just right... lol (I couldn't help think of the 3 little bears)
:thumbsup:
Exactly, that's a perfect analogy.
FYI... whatever you do is interesting to me, you're one of the good members of this site.

Are you pulling a Scamp/Swinger ?

Oh yeah that Toyota is sweet.....hardy har har

Are you pulling a Scamp/Swinger ?
No that was on a trailer next to me...
I want to say he was somewhere around 5K for it.. it had a V8 and it wasn't any kind of exceptional deal as I recall and it didn't seem like he was trying to knock it out of the park either...
I've noticed with swap meets around here lately people are just trying to buy cheap junk no one's spending any real money...

If he is, the hitch is mounted on the driver's side. :p
I actually seen that gremlin yesterday at PIR... It's a pretty wicked sounding car...
Lol I came back and looked it said Grandma instead of gremlin :rolleyes:...

Last edited:
Oh I unlocked the page to see your zing...
Of course this is where I would usually say let's line up our trucks but I know what rabbit hole that always goes down...
You have rat bastid on ignore wtf lol

The Hoosier Garage should join here.... He's restoring a '72 Duster that probably nobody here would have considered doing. It's coming a long nicely.

maybe our next race will be with our Dusters... :)

-
Back