Hopefully this thread will grow Sunday

-
Johnny Dart built me a great distributor
But one thing he could not fix was the driver :(, :banghead:
I left at about 3.500 to 3.700 and hammered it and spun :banghead:
Hay this is a driver :glasses7: and when I was staging in... with a loud mustang
next to me getting his time trial in so I new he was going to blast by me and I stayed in it and hit second and my peg leg right tire broke loose for at least a
2 1/2 seconds and we know if your spinning your not winning :( I looked at my time slip and said dang!! I need to do that again :banghead:
But that was not going to happen with the crowd we had :(
So I parked her and my friend said I am going to have to leave softer and do not bang second gear and I will do good :cheers:..
My Time trial slip I picked up :eek:ops: :( Yep! I was the first to get booked in as #1 12:00..
I say to my self, Self race smart when I get called up and have fun :glasses7:

Attachments

• George Ray's 2013.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 250
  • George Ray's 2013 052.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 242
  • George Ray's 2013 042.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 245
  • George Ray's 2013 044.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 248
  • George Ray's 2013 055.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 220
  • George Ray's 2013 063.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 239
  • George Ray's 2013 072.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 227
  • George Ray's 2013 071.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 236
  • George Ray's 2013 070.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 224
  • George Ray's 2013 043.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 233
Times, schmimes......lol.....I hope you and Treva had a nice day Memike. :thumleft:. Thanks for the pics!

By the way, Victoria looks great!!!

Then at 2:40 they call 12.0 up and there is just three of us, I get a by, and stood by Victoria waiting my turn, The Dart showed up and ran a 12:79 and the suv ran a 11:24
so know I have the adrenaline pumping knowing if I take the time and get me a good soft yet good light I can win this thing and receive a trophy on this day :D
My friend took control of my camera and said you can do this Mike :cheers:
I came out and just a short amount of tire spin and then I matted it and had him a good car length or close to it is what my friend said, I got a great light or he cut a bad one :dontknow:, Cooool here I go!! went for second gear and missed it :violent1::violent1::sad1:, when for it again and missed it :angry7:
I just shut it down and drove back to my shade tree parking area :(
I was about 80 yards from the tower so I just sat down :(
My friend said hold your head high you raced and I missed what the track announcer said about me, be happy and remember it's not easy to shift under pressure especially a three on the tree for your first race of the year and come back next week :cheers:
But Dang it man I had him beat and could have picked up a Trophy for me and my fabo family :(..... So I decided to go to the tower and get my slip and it was dumped already, they have a 4'' pvc tube they drop it down in a bucket to be picked up and dump it for the next class witch was for the 7:00 class by the time I walked over to look at it :( But my friend took a picture of my time on the display sign after my race ..

I will go back and learn by what happened, grease my shifting linkage good and learn to get it in gear before I release the clutch :eek:ops:

Not a good day but one thing I did learn is the distributor sure made a giant difference, before I had it in there was no way I could spin that long off the line, and never even get a scratch hitting second nun less spinning for 15 feet or more.....................Here I am cleaning my tires of making him wait on me and the the launch ...................... sorry I let some folks down on George Rays Birthday race day...

so here is me scuffing the tires off making him wait on me and my launch and I shut it down when I mist second gear :banghead: dang three on the tree..

Attachments

• George Ray's 2013 087.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 233
  • George Ray's 2013 088.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 254
  • George Ray's 2013 089.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 227
It was a hot day so I walked around to some old friends tent and enjoyed a BBQ sandwich and a cold coor's light........... as some of you can see the track has changed allot, new tower..

Attachments

• George Ray's 2013 083.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 214
  • George Ray's 2013 082.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 240
  • George Ray's 2013 081.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 243
  • George Ray's 2013 079.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 230
  • George Ray's 2013 078.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 227
  • George Ray's 2013 062.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 255
  • George Ray's 2013 073.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 250
  • George Ray's 2013 057.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 251
Times, schmimes......lol.....I hope you and Treva had a nice day Memike. :thumleft:. Thanks for the pics!

By the way, Victoria looks great!!!
Thank you Rick, Treva don't/did not go with me, she enjoyed her day around her green house , But I will redeem myself next week weather permitting and show my racing friends here and show a time slip with a .340 light and a 11 flat run , I know I can I know I can :glasses7:

Looks like you had a great day memike! Thanks for posting some pic's!
.. Your welcome allyoopmgv, I just wish I could have came home with good results, I just need track time :glasses7:

I had one of the only shaded areas and a small family asked if they could set there chairs in front of Victoria.. I backed her up a couple feet to give them more room ..

On my way out pictures.................. I will repair this!! This was my first race time this year and I will show everyone I know she is an eleven 0 /6 car dang'it :cheers: I totally muct up on this 1rst day at the track :banghead:

Attachments

• George Ray's 2013 047.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 249
  • George Ray's 2013 092.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 221
  • George Ray's 2013 093.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 234
Looks like you had fun even though you didn't bring home a trophy. My first car, a 65 Dart, had a 3 on the tree and I kept a hammer under the front seat because the shifter would lock up under the hood. I would coast to the side of the road, pop the hood, and tap the shift linkage back into neutral. I feel for ya buddy. tmm

Looks like you had fun even though you didn't bring home a trophy. My first car, a 65 Dart, had a 3 on the tree and I kept a hammer under the front seat because the shifter would lock up under the hood. I would coast to the side of the road, pop the hood, and tap the shift linkage back into neutral. I feel for ya buddy. tmm
Yea it did not turn out the way I expected and it was my own fault, I just need to settle down and think ahead and drive her, the excitement and the moment got me, Thank you and yes it was a fun day and a long one :D

Well you still had a good time. That looks like a fun little track. Mike
It really is Mike, I just need to spend more time there I think, and not get in a hurry and drive with confidence next time :eek:ops:

How about this Mike:
I had a 65 Barracuda, /6 Three on the tree, all original and all stock except cragar SS wheels and BFG tires. I was at a Tennessee Valley Mopar Show a few years back and they allowed all show cars a couple of passes on the track.

I got out there for my first pass, did my burn out, got to the line and had a very good light reaction time, took off like a scalded dog, and as I went down the track (solo, thank goodness so I wasn't too embarrassed) and as I was shifting into second, I heard the announcer say," You need to get out your calendars to time this guy." which ticked me off but man I was flying down the track on my first ever timed race on a track. I crossed the line at about 17 seconds ( I will find the slip in my garage) and thought to my self "Dang,that was better than the factory 1/4 mile time for a 65 with a 273!!!" As I returned and got my slip, I read it and saw the times and then noticed it was an 1/8 mile track. Scalded dog: NO!, Scalded snail....yes!

Obviously,I did not go back for my second run.

The adrenaline makes a person not think . "Hey whats 2+2" "Hello whats 2+2"
.................."Did you say something?"........ "Ya whats 2+2?"......"2+3?"......
"No 2+2"......."awwwm .... let me see....4" ..."Correct".

Next time Mike, hope it was fun anyway.

Darryl

Looks like a lot of fun Mike, I wish we could be there to root you on. A nice flaming hug from Nella would surely set you right and put you on a nice even plane!! Great day,'thanks for sharing!! G and N

How about this Mike:
I had a 65 Barracuda, /6 Three on the tree, all original and all stock except cragar SS wheels and BFG tires. I was at a Tennessee Valley Mopar Show a few years back and they allowed all show cars a couple of passes on the track.

I got out there for my first pass, did my burn out, got to the line and had a very good light reaction time, took off like a scalded dog, and as I went down the track (solo, thank goodness so I wasn't too embarrassed) and as I was shifting into second, I heard the announcer say," You need to get out your calendars to time this guy." which ticked me off but man I was flying down the track on my first ever timed race on a track. I crossed the line at about 17 seconds ( I will find the slip in my garage) and thought to my self "Dang,that was better than the factory 1/4 mile time for a 65 with a 273!!!" As I returned and got my slip, I read it and saw the times and then noticed it was an 1/8 mile track. Scalded dog: NO!, Scalded snail....yes!

Obviously,I did not go back for my second run.

Thank you for the pep talk and story bamacuda :D I have ran a 11:27 last year early in the season just to get a time on her, I was not registered/booked in to race just did a pass, just a little tire spin off the line and I did not even cherp in second, I did not hit her hard, I am going back next sunday, I spun threw the 60 feet and lost another sec. in second gear on my time trial. My new recurved distributor and I need to get to know each other on the track..

The adrenaline makes a person not think . "Hey whats 2+2" "Hello whats 2+2"
.................."Did you say something?"........ "Ya whats 2+2?"......"2+3?"......
"No 2+2"......."awwwm .... let me see....4" ..."Correct".

Next time Mike, hope it was fun anyway.

Darryl
I hear that Darryl :D.. I will be keep my cool , this day was to exiting and my first day back this year.... Next time for sure :glasses7: keep my head on my shoulders and stay smooth :coffee2:

Looks like a lot of fun Mike, I wish we could be there to root you on. A nice flaming hug from Nella would surely set you right and put you on a nice even plane!! Great day,'thanks for sharing!! G and N
It sure would Geof, I did learn allot on my first run this year.
If I was a fan of doing a smokey burn out Victoria has that down pat now :D

Time for sum dirt track tires
I am thinking my air shocks lowered down to minimum I can with out hurting them B.D., I have about 70lbs in them I believe . and no more hitting her hard on the line :D and a good smooth shift to second should give me a win next time, Johnny Dart recurve job has her pulling hard at 3.000 rpms, I just was not ready and calm enough to shift then get in the gas... she will break out of 12:0 next time :colors: I would rather have a .433 light and a 11:07 break out slip then a trophy at this time :glasses7:

Memike,still a great day. You laid rubber legally,good eats and good scenery. What's not to like?.

Memike,still a great day. You laid rubber legally,good eats and good scenery. What's not to like?.

True Abodybomber :D, it was a good day and I enjoyed seeing my friends again
I ran Victoria threw the passes and harder then I ever have and she drove me
home :colors:
A day at the track learning and enjoying an endrenelin rush :D
Heck ... If am man is not making mistakes he is not doing anything :colors:

Redemption Day is here
I greased up my shifting linkage, changed the oil and I will lower my air shocks from 70 lbs to 40 lbs, I checked my rear tire pressure yesterday and had 34 lbs in them, my 2.740 lb car don't need that much air, going down to 28 lbs and see if it helps my spin problem, hopefully lowering my shocks will let more weight transfer to the rear :glasses7:
Wish me luck as I go :burnout:

I have seen a few thread that members 225 /6 engines are not doing the job they need them to do.. and members are replying that the only way is to pull the / and drop a V8 in it when they clearly want to keep there slant....
I hope to prove them wrong :coffee2: and that these /6 engines can get out of there own way with just a couple good updates on a bone stock engine, and mine is the small 170/ driver.

Johnny Dart built me a great distributor
But one thing he could not fix was the driver :(, :banghead:
I left at about 3.500 to 3.700 and hammered it and spun :banghead:
Hay this is a driver :glasses7: and when I was staging in... with a loud mustang
next to me getting his time trial in so I new he was going to blast by me and I stayed in it and hit second and my peg leg right tire broke loose for at least a
2 1/2 seconds and we know if your spinning your not winning :( I looked at my time slip and said dang!! I need to do that again :banghead:
But that was not going to happen with the crowd we had :(
So I parked her and my friend said I am going to have to leave softer and do not bang second gear and I will do good :cheers:..
My Time trial slip I picked up :eek:ops: :( Yep! I was the first to get booked in as #1 12:00..
I say to my self, Self race smart when I get called up and have fun :glasses7:

Get more sleep at night and quit trying to catch up at the tree.lol What no racing this weekend?

Get more sleep at night and quit trying to catch up at the tree.lol What no racing this weekend?

I hear that Pete :D I just got back :cheers: and man it was hot today:glasses7: But I was on a mission brother :D:D
Pulled a .695 reaction time but still spinning to much at the light (peg leg) :glasses7:
Stayed at his door and hit second and Victoria pulled hard against the 350 V8
Victoria's noes stay up :colors: and I caught him on the far end :cheers: Deon was slow getting out but he still beet me to the 60' marker in his 2008 Suburban, Victoria worked hard today and took me to the finals again :cheers:
Zero to 57.68 in 12.381 seconds to the 1/8 mile with 170 cubic inches :toothy10:

I am soooo tired....

But what a great day at the track :colors:,

Victoria had her day today, here is who I had to race in 12.0 finials in front of me :D, I was not about to get behind that dragster and get hit with a rock, this was when they was timing there cars in and I was on my own this Sunday and did all the camera work..

Attachments

• My first win 2013 George Rays 011.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 144
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 055.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 139
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 059.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 148
The mopars was out and showed there muscle, the Barracuda ran a 7.58 to the Dusters 7.63

Attachments

• My first win 2013 George Rays 043.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 136
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 042.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 136
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 040.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 120
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 039.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 126
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 038.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 119
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 036.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 145
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 035.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 154
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 034.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 146
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 020.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 125
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 019.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 111
Congratulations on your trophy.
Thank's Oklacarcollecto, It would have been easy to just stay home today knowing that getting a bite off the line was not going to happen, so I came out soft and still spun, the pavement gets a better bite then this starting line for me :glasses7:, but they run all the 12:50,12.0 and 10.0 cars first and they spray chit on the starting line and I think it is not cured when we get on it.. But I did enjoy a day at the track and
Deon and I had a score to settle, and my friends walked out to great me on the return lane and made me park by them and they was tickled to see this little /6 car win, They said Quote+ Damn Mike, that little engine came alive at the fare end :cheers:..
Here is there cooker and we enjoyed Chicken breasts,Tenderloin and Potatoes
They forced me to enjoy a couple wobbly pops :D

Attachments

• My first win 2013 George Rays 007.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 128
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 008.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 132
-
Back