Hopefully this thread will grow Sunday

-
Another fun/Hot day at George Rays and Victoria and I was victorious even if it is just a 12.0 class car, but I am proud of my zero to almost 70 miles mph in the 1/8 mile, I know it's not fast but I finely did what I said I would 5 years ago and proud to have put it on a chevy V8 today .. and this is our first real post in the racers forum. Not fast, But racing :D Victoria has worked hard to get her first win and the trophy is just a reminder of it.
Thank you fabo, It was an emotional fun day for me. Mike

Attachments

• My first win 2013 George Rays 046.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 108
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 047.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 110
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 048.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 103
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 033.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 106
Congrats on Victoria's trophy, Mike. Are we gonna see you out on the NHRA tour in 2014?

Please do not drive off and leave the bbq grill,Kevin.
Let me tell ya Kevin :colors: I did not take some good pictures of it but he has 5 steel rods going across on the top and he hangs meat on them and cooks great! I have got to make me one for home, It draws the fire/heat into the big barrel continually :colors: He leaves it there chained to the cable some times and no one is going to mess with To Tall's BBQ grill.

Congrats on Victoria's trophy, Mike. Are we gonna see you out on the NHRA tour in 2014?
Not anytime soon :toothy10: she has more fun times on the road and cruising :D
This specifically was for George, the 8th of July was Georges Birthday last week, we use to celebrate our birthdays together and I race every year on his special day. Today was something I had to do for redemption because I missed second gear last week for the trophy run after I eliminated a 68 Dart and had to race Deon for the big W :cheers: My day was Victorious :colors:

Good job Mike. Always fun to do more with less.When I was running 8.0s with a 318 everyone would accuse me of lying that it had to be a 340. I would think the cuda and demon would be faster than mid 7s.My 71 Swinger ran 7.20s with a 360 and a 26x10 slick with an all steel body and factory glass. Course I was running 13 to 1 slugs and a custom bumpstick.

Good job Mike. Always fun to do more with less.When I was running 8.0s with a 318 everyone would accuse me of lying that it had to be a 340. I would think the cuda and demon would be faster than mid 7s.My 71 Swinger ran 7.20s with a 360 and a 26x10 slick with an all steel body and factory glass. Course I was running 13 to 1 slugs and a custom bumpstick.
The 71 Swinger you enjoyed racing had to be a blast Pete :cheers:
Here it's all gears and heads :D Having Slicks to heat up and VHT them down with a sure grip would net me another 1 1/2 seconds. Victoria hooks up better on a paved road, I wish they would let us run after the 5.0 cars, they run last and the starting line is good and sticky by then :coffee2:

Sounds like a fun day, glad you had a great time :glasses7:
Thank you Keith, I had a joyful full day, hot, but wow what a great day :eek:ccasion:
With my peg leg problems I bet the full 1/4 mile will be best for us, so Memphis will be my next outing, Once I am hooked up hitting second gear she pulls hard for a 170 cu. Got to get me a Memphis Motor Sports Park slip :D

Went out this morning and fond my time slip :colors: I was so dang hot and tired yesterday I could not find it :banghead: I knew I put it in my glove box but it worked it's way into my insurance papers.. This should help some of our racers see where I get moving :burnout: I am at 4.700 rpm in second gear when I hit the 1/8 mile.

I was in the left lane and even though I got a good light the Suburban beet me to the 60' and I ran him down on the far end.. A perfect light is .400, so I was happy with my reaction time this week.

Attachments

• My first win 2013 George Rays 056.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 81
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 062.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 73
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 063.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 89
Dang Mike,out there banging gears like your Ronnie Sox !
Very happy the distributor I built is helping you to faster times.
Now we need to figure out how to get some traction. :)
Congrats on your win.
Victoria is Victorius !!!!!

-
Back