Hose connections at firewall - 68 barracuda

-

jboyd2

68 cuda
Reaction score
Does anyone have a diagram of how and what hoses connect to ports 1-6 on the picture below? I think 1 and 2 are for ac and 3 and 4 for hot water circulation for heat maybe. For some reason one of the p.o.'s had the bright idea of cutting the line number 2 in the photo. Looks like I may have to end up by another heater/ac unit. What are your thoughts?

View attachment 20150622_180249.jpg

Well you need a service manual, LOL. AC only hooks up one way, they are "self evident" with the correct hoses

Download one over at MyMopar, "free"

The parts catalogs you can get "over there" are also sometimes of help

1 and 2 are a/c, 3 and 4 are heater, 5 and 6 are nothing - vents/drains for the a/c / heater box. Sometimes they have 90 degree rubber molded hoses on them. 3 and 4 will be two different size heater hoses - 9/16 and 5/8 IIRC, match them up to the hose nipples on the water pump/intake manifold, depending on what motor you are running.

Thanks Dart273 i have downloaded the manuals.

Thanks Airgrabber that's exactly what i need. I guess I'm s.o.l. on the ac since the threaded end is cut on number 2. There's not enough room left to reflare and put another end on it.

#5 is for a cooling hose which routes air back to the fan motor to keep it from getting too hot. This hose is available from DMT.

#6 is condensation drain for the A/C evaporator. No hose required.

Thanks Dart273 i have downloaded the manuals.

Thanks Airgrabber that's exactly what i need. I guess I'm s.o.l. on the ac since the threaded end is cut on number 2. There's not enough room left to reflare and put another end on it.

That is part of the evaporator. There are people removing those systems. Depending on what else you have and condition, you might be able to round up a good evap

-
Back