hose fittings for aluminum manifolds?

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
New Edelbrock Performer Air Gap did not come with the two heater hose nipples. Is there a way I can use the Stainless braided hose to run to the manifold? What should I look for to thread into the manifold. Plumbing is a little confusing for me. Thanks

You would have to get a an fitting or earls style fitting that goes to npt (nation pipe thread) for the size of the hole in the intake. Not sure what size they are. Someone on here should know

one heater hose go to the intake manifold..3/8 npt...the other heater hose to the water pump out let on top of the water pump next to the by pass inlet.

the other two threads on the intake are...1/8 npt for the stock water temp gauge...and there is a 1/2 npt for an after market water temp gauge

what ever you are not using just plug with the approiate size threaded plug

Like Tony said only 1 heater hose goes to the manifold, the other goes to the water pump. If you need a new nipple for it NAPA sells them. Summit sells them too. Most any decent auto supply has or can get them.

You can also go to you local home depot or lowes and get some threaded pipe, cut it to length, and it will screw right in. Those manifolds use standard pipe threads just like any other pipe. And yeah those fittings are nothing special so the parts stores will have or can order them. Look in this thread:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=70770

Where the manifold are aluminum, shouldn't I be using fittings made from aluminum, or stainless steel? Won't regular steel corrode next to the aluminum?

I use liquid teflon on the threads and yes, you want something (not RTV) on them to stop and corrosion or seaping leaks. teflon lets the parts come apart easy - I haven't used antiseize for that before but it would probably work fine too. It just gets everywhere...lol
I use a drop of 30wt oil on AN fittings (aluminum on aluminum) to stop thread galling too.

-
Back