How About A Quit Smoking Challange

-
A funny thing happens when you quit...you'll dream you smoked and when you wake up you think 'damn, why'd I do that' then you realize it was really a dream and you didn't smoke. That's a good feeling.

Two weeks yesterday on the butt wagon. Today is the first day I did not desire to smoke a butt.
You have got it whipped FISHBREATH :cheers: Don't look back bud, Proud of how well we are doing, And I hope we keep the pig picture on our minds why we don't need this $H!t in our live's :happy10:

Today was tough, nice day about 65 deg. Worked outside all day and wanted a smoke in the worst way. oh well, the day is done....

I stopped smoking on April 15, Tax day.. I wanted to be able to remember the day I quit. It has been 16 days and I have not smoked. From 3 packs a day to zero. I'm going to kill someone! ( don't worry, it will be a chevy guy )

don`t kid yourself, it`s going to kill you and hurt people around you as well. i chewed up 60-70 nails a day and put em down, 20 yrs. already. amount don`t mean ****. :thebirdm: i knew some people would smoke (1 pack a week) dead.... we just lost a dear lady friend to lung cancer and various other reperatory problems. autopsy showed she was a heavey smoker and never did. it was the people around her smoking but who the hell knew. i was one of the jerks doing it around her. i have to live with that now . if you value your life and the people arouind you?? it`s a no brainer.... try this. put the money you`d spend each day in a jar. see what happens. i fully funded 2 IRAs for my wife and i in less than a year. good luck and god bless all

usually an addiction is replaced with another. be carfull where quitting takes you. mine was eating because to me when you get past smoking, your taste buds wake up. everthing tastes so much better. again, good luck

I admire you guys for wanting to quit smoking. I'm lucky that I never smoked in my whole life. My brother Rick and I tried it when we were younger. We stole some out of Dad's pack (Chesterfields!) and then we skipped school to go to our secret hideaway with a couple of our buddies. I remember lighting up 3 at a time between my fingers. I didn't inhale but thought it tasted like dooky. I was finally badgered into inhaling and I thought I would cough my lungs out...it really burned! Enough of that $hit!!! The school had called my Mom asking where I was. That evening Mom & Dad had a "tribunal". The first thing they asked was, "How was school today?". Of course we lied and said it was great. Dad asked, "How did you like the cigarettes?". Rick and I looked at each other and we knew we were caught. To make it worse, we lied about stealing the cigs - and that really pissed dad off.....and off came his belt. Rick and I took an *** whoopin' we'd never forget! That ended my smoking and skipping school career. Later, I did try one of those sweet plugs of chewin' terbakky and I made the mistake of swallowing the juice......trust me, you get so sick that death would be merciful. OMG.
Seriously, my wife Ellie Bear quit smoking a few months ago. She tried the tappering off method but that was a crock! She finally quit cold turkey and she is tobacco free. It took her to get into the frame of mind that she had the control and not the cigs. You have to REALLY WANT TO QUIT to be able to do it. Yes, there were times she was jonesing but she beat it. I really admire her for the guts she showed - and she didn't take to eating and gaining weight. She is losing weight now like never before. Now she doesn't cough and hack in the night. The smell from her lungs would gag an outhouse!
If Ellie can do it, so can you. Think of the money you will save every year...and you could save your life. Put that money into your Mopars or something else that increases quality of life! Now if I can just get my buddy, Waggin to quit........I'm going to try to fart in his pack when he sets it down....heh,heh,heh....
Pat

Still going strong here two months in.

Pat, your story reminded me of one. I was working in the Grumman Low Speed Wind Tunnel. We had a shop attached to the building and we usually congregated there a couple times per day for a cup of coffee and a butt for those that smoked (I did not at that time). "Danbo," one of our instrumentation technicians (there is a story in itself how his name, Dan, morphed into Danbo) always had a butt with his coffee. My brother, who was an Aerotest engineer at the time, dove on the U.S.S. San Diego, an armored cruiser that sank off the coast of Long Island during WW I. He brought back some .30-'06 ammo from a small arms locker inside the ship. I had pried some bullets from the cartridges and laid the powder on a piece of paper to dry for a few days. I applied a match to some and it flared up pretty good. It was just sitting there on my workbench when a brainstorm struck me one morning.

I cut a small block of wood, mic-ed one of Danbo's Marlboros, drilled a hole through the block, and then split the block through the hole. I grabbed one of his butts from the pack, which he always had on his workbench, mounted it into the jig in a vise, and then plucked about an inch of tobacco from the butt. I poured about 1/2 inch of gunpowder into the opened end of the butt and then packed it closed with 1/2 inch of tobacco. I placed it back into the pack with the filter end sticking out about 1/2 inch. It looked real good.

Well, we all gathered in the shop, waiting for Danbo. He walks in, goes to his workbench, and pulls out the loaded butt. Instead of sitting down at the table with us, he stood there for a minute kibbitzing with us. Finally, I said, "Danbo, aren't you gonna sit and have coffee?" "Nah," he said, "I gotta take a ****," in his heavy Queens, N.Y. accent. He turned and walked out. We just shrugged our shoulders, silently bemoaning a lost opportunity.

The crapper was at the end of a U-shaped hallway. Two minutes later, we heard a muffled Ralph Kramden-like bellow, "WOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!."

We were rolling around, laughing our balls off. In rushed Danbo, hollerin', "You fuckin' idiots!" "What's wrong, Danbo?" somebody asked. Danbo started laughing so hard that tears were coming.

He said, in his thick accent, "There I was, relaxing on the crapper, leaning back against the wall, my pants around my ankles, taking a drag on my butt. All of a sudden, Mount Vesuvius erupts two inches from my nose." We were laughing uncontrollably at that point. He continued, "That ain't all! The whole flaming end of my butt fell off, bounced off the head of my dick, and started a fire in my shorts!"

FISHBREATH, that is so funny!!! Rick and I put a load in one of my Dad's ciggys once. Back then he smoked everywhere, even at the dinner table. It blew up all over his plate of food.....another *** whoopin'.....no sense of humor! About a year later, he did laugh about it. Got any more good smokin' stories? By the way, I'm glad to see other Moparphiles enjoying the favorite pirate grogg...the wonderful concoction of rum and coke....hmmmm....think I'm getting thirsty! God bless all you guys working to kick the habit.
Pat

So how has every one been doing? I have been cutting back for some time now and finaly quit a few days ago. I am on day three with no smokes and felling good.

I ran out of butts at 11:00 a.m. CT 03/30/09. Still buttless.

quit in march still not smoking seen to have more money now i think

yep me too, think I am bout to buy a wire welder from my buddy with the money.

-
Back