How About A Quit Smoking Challange

-
Ok Ok Ok,I'm in! Today Is my curb it down day I have had six of those nasty things since 6 am and it's 2 pm now It might take me a week or so of this but then I will move to the next step(almost 2 packs a day) I am shooting for half a pack a day for the first week but this is gonna be tough! But I'M IN!!!

This is awesome guys! Good to see everyone keeping it up. Where is George R? I want to know how he is doing, as well as Burntorange70. Its good to see more people jumping on the 'waggin' too!

2 weeks, 4.5 hours for me. Good for you, Waggin.:cheers:

Glad to hear so many are makin' good progress. Don't feel bad when you light up now and again, it'll happen. Remember, that monkey just won't get off your back when you tell it to, you gotta fight it. Been throwing in several quarters at a time, so, more than one a day. Those that are matching a pack or two a day must be rolling in it big time. Keep it up. Heck we can keep this thread going as long as "Hot Mopar Babes" if that's what it takes to keep you guys "quit".

I have been doing ok. I have broke down a few times but each day it gets a little easyer. If I could only get my girl friend to quit too. I am working on here and she is allready cutting back. It would be a lot easyer to quit if I did not go home and have her smoking right next to me. But I am doing good.

Do it Curtis!!!!

I second that dude, If he can stay on a half for a few days he will drop his nicotine level, Then he can drop down to just a few a day.
Try and enjoy some fresh fruit Curtis, It will help clean your system of nicotine and then they will start tasting crappy and then it is mind over madder :cheers: Glad to have you on board :-D

I'm still in, only been a couple of days for me. Had a few slips but I'm not giving up this time. The last time I tried to quit the first time I screwed up I gave up. Not this time.

I'm still in, only been a couple of days for me. Had a few slips but I'm not giving up this time. The last time I tried to quit the first time I screwed up I gave up. Not this time.

Great, hang tuff, I know it's a bear of a habbit to KICK.

I'm still in. Just been going about my business. I went to the families on Easter. That was the hardest for me so far. I really wanted to smoke. My moms husband was smoking constantly. I've been spending my money in my jar. I'm going to be purchasing a V8 radiator, parking lights, V8 engine gasket set. So that is cool. Still plugging along.
Dude,could of had a V8!I,m still in,I,ve slipped yes,but new patch and am gonna hit hthe health store for Final Smoke..I can do this !!We can do this!Everybody!We,re done!

Well I fell off the smoke free wagon on Saturday afternoon. We had a B-Day party for my buddy's 60th and between the wobbly pops and the guitar pickin', first thing I know I'm puffin' like an epileptic chimney. Mouth tasted like sheit for quite a while, and I've had a few since Saturday, but I'm going to keep trying to kick this damned addiction. :)

Well Sid :axe:I did the same today :toothy10: And it was not worth it after I look back, No wait,:scratch: I did at the time :cheers:but it could have been just as good with out the two :---) ok 5, oop's:-$

It was a normal Tuesday here on the hill, Dominos and fellow ship and drink.
There truck makes my Maple look good for April 14th.

Speep 027.jpg

I've actually have been trying to quit for almost three years, was at two packs a day, plus some days...got pills from the doc but with the wife not willing to quit or cut back at that point I was only able to cut back a little, so the next year I tried again with the pills from the doc for both me and the wife, managed to cut down to less then a pack a day but my blood pressure went through the roof so we quit trying to quit. Last June my wife decided she was going to quit for various reasons and she did. Then last month the son, who works with me, quit cold turkey. So it's my turn now, but I think, even though I feel like I could enjoy a smoke right now, I think I'll make it to the other side.

I'll give it a shot. Add my name to the list. I have been TRYING to at least cut down. I went from 2 packs a day to 1. Hopefully I can take the final step.

George
Where are you at George let's get back on the train.

Mike, I felt disgusted with myself, but not disgusted enough to stop me from having a few more over the long weekend. :) Today we're getting a spring snow storm, and I'm too lazy and wimpy to go out to the smoking shack at work. :)

Mike, I felt disgusted with myself, but not disgusted enough to stop me from having a few more over the long weekend. :) Today we're getting a spring snow storm, and I'm too lazy and wimpy to go out to the smoking shack at work. :)
The lazy part I don't believe.

A few is better then a pack...and you obviously don't have a strong enough desire to smoke to go to the smoking shack....besides I bet a shack used to smoke in smells like absolute @#$#$%....kinda like a porta pot on a hot summer day....

George, even when I still smoked 2 packs a day, I could never go to the shack during the normal company coffee breaks cause I couldn't handle the ammount of smoke in there. It would just about gag me so I'd always put my break a half hour later than the others to keep out of the blue haze. :)

Mike, I do have my moments, but not often. :)

Two weeks yesterday on the butt wagon. Today is the first day I did not desire to smoke a butt.

-
Back